Who is planning to buy the oppo-95 and...?

I plan to get the oppo-95 and use the analog inputs into my nakamichi avr. How would I do bass mgmt with this? Any suggestions overall?

Joe in Mobile
magsterone
Admranger,

I assume your Rotel receiver doesn't handle HDMI, otherwise a single HDMI cable would seem preferable to six analog RCAs for 5.1, especially given your 80/20 movie bias. If you don't care about lossless codecs, can't you use a single RCA digital or Toslink for 5.1? I thought the Oppo 95 was aimed at those who preferred analog output for music, and that only its analog differs from the $500 BDP 93. I notice the OP is using an AVR. Maybe that's the component to upgrade. Or have you been bitten by the jitter bug supposedly associated with HDMI?

db
Just ordered an Oppo BDP 95. Should receive it by Tuesday next week. Can't wait to hear blu ray movies with my rig. Had an Oppo 83SE and hoping the power supply upgrades, better chipset and XLR's will be beneficial to the sound / video.

Regards Bacardi
The video is excellent; every time I put on a disc to watch a part of a movie, I get so engrossed that I typically end up watching the rest of the movie through the end.
"can't you use a single RCA digital or Toslink for 5.1?"

I believe these are considered inferior connection paths compared to full set of 5.1 analogs or HDMI, even for downmixed output.

"I thought the Oppo 95 was aimed at those who preferred analog output for music, and that only its analog differs from the $500 BDP 93."

It's very much more than that. You may wish to check currently available reviews and intercomparisons.

That said, the BDP-93 sure looks like a good value, esp with used prices headed south.
The receiver does not handle HDMI so I have been running 5.1 analog direct (no processing by the receiver) so the blu-ray player does the coding.

I am looking for a new blu-ray player as the Samsung BDP20 gives me fits from time to time. Seems like the Oppo 95 is the one to get. It'll be on my Christmas list.

While it would be nice to upgrade from a receiver to separates, but that's not happening anytime soon. When it does, it'll be a Anthem 50v, most likely.