Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Andy,
Now that’s a picture I’d love to own. In my listening room I have a picture of a young Monk (circa 1940s) sitting at a piano. If you don’t already have these recordings  I strongly recommend the following.

"Live At The It Club" Small Los Angeles jazz club early 1960s. Very good!

"Monk’s Dream " His first studio recording with Columbia Records. Quartet group in top form.
Charles,
charles1dad:

Thanks for the recommendations. I lost a great deal of my jazz collection when I sold my 4,000-ish LPs, and along with it, a number of Monk albums.

On your recommendation, I just ordered them from Amazon....
Jafreeman ( on the black fuse ) "The sound is clearer yet--liquid, wet, silky. The bottom end is fuller, extended."

Funny thing. This was exactly what I was hearing last night.

Well said Jafreeman!

+1 nyame and jafreeman descriptive comments. It seems that better quality fuses,AC wall receptacles and power cables work individually and collectively to improve AC POWER quality. Which results in less of a mechanical /electronic character and more of a natural fluidity and liquid flow of the music. With the Black fuses the improved clarity is quite noticeable but so is the more organic presentation.

Interesting my system was already very organic yet this desired characteristic was further improved with the fuse and AC receptacle upgrades. In my opinion this supports the notion that AC power/ pathway improvements truly affect the overall sound quality of a system. Money spent to address this aspect of an audio system is very worthwhile.  

What reminded me of this factor occurred the past few nights while listening to a variety of jazz guitarists.  Anyone familiar with this type of music knows they can play some of the most beautiful, gorgeous and complex major and minor chords you'd ever want to hear. Be it Jim Hall, Joe Pass, Wes  Montgomery or Russell Malone,  the list goes on and on.  As the AC power improves so does the unveiling of the beautiful guitar playing,  harmonics, overtones and just nuances overall are exceptionally exposed. This further deepens the emotional connection to the music you're listening to. It gets very close to what I hear at live intimate jazz venues,  a very rich,warm fully fleshed out sound of the entire guitar. Needless to say it's utterly satisfying. 
Charles, 
Here's one example of what I mean  (and then I'll shut up ). The other night I'd recommended "Monk" by Peter Bernstein. Listening to the cut "Blues Five Spot" you hear simply delicious chords being played as Peter expresses his interpretation of Monk's tune.  Hard to put into words but I sure felt it. Listening to music is such a personal experience.  😊
Charles,