Any thoughts on a solid hickory platform under my tt

I have access to some beautiful 2" thick hickory butcher block instead of maple any thoughts on vibration control vs maple 
128x128oleschool
Post removed 
Wow Ht 
1st off this is the anolgue forum .. Digital is over that way 👈 . I have digital also . A pretty decent digital at that ,and  they isolate digital dac and transports too ( all gear )and it also makes a difference .. We all have opinions i do not agree with yours .. And personnally 98% of what i listen to is pre 1990 ✊
oleschool wrote,

"If my classic is roughly 50 lbs what springs should i try?"

The Baby Promethean Mini Isolators are for moderate weight components. 5 springs for 50 lb, about 10 lb per spring. The new Super Stiff Springs are for very heavy components, 4 springs for components 75-150 lb. All springs $12 each. All springs are cryo’d for superior performance. All of these springs are about 1" compressed height. And in many if not most cases they can be placed directly under components.

geoff kait
machina dynamica

oleschool---theaudiotweak’s argument promoting the notion of transferring energy from one object into another of higher mass via hard cones or spikes---the "mechanical diode" theory, wherein energy coming from a source component is transferred through a "one-way" energy path (the cones or spikes) into the higher mass of a stand, or floor, or whatever---can be, and has been, shown to be a myth. As Max Townshend explains and demonstrates in his You Tube videos, any object that can transmit energy in one direction can, and does, transmit it in the other direction just as easily. The idea of cones or spikes being isolators is an incorrect one; they transmit energy up through them as well as down out of them---up from your turntable’s support, through the cones or spikes, and into your tables plinth. They are couplers, the exact opposite of what you want in a turntable support.

You want isolation---from the Earth’s seismic activity, from street traffic, from nearby construction, from your home’s heating and cooling system, from the transformers in your amps, from the vibrations created in your room from music playing, and from what is right under your table---it's shelf. You want a very low frequency low-pass mechanical filter under your table---springs, air bearing, ball bearing, etc. For a while people were using lossy rubber isolators---Sorbothane, Neoprene, Navcom. Their failing is in having too high an effective filter frequency---in the audible range, creating "spongy" bass and soft transients, and in being non-linear---they treat different frequencies differently, making their sound unpredictable.

bdp, I appreciate your research and your arguments for one way or another. Having said that, they (are) just that, since, and correct me if I'm wrong, you have not tried any of these items in your system?

I've always found that no matter how much science backs up one theory or how much a manufacturer backs up their own theory/product, it really doesn't matter until you try it out for yourself in your own system/environment. Then you can confidently report on how it sounds in your specific system.