Advice on what preamp to select.

Hello
I picked up two Adcom GFA565 Power Amps recently and would like to get a newer preamp to go with these.  Currently have a Crown IC150.  Have found a Audio Research SP-9 MKII for about $1100 but am considering also the following: Macintosh C series in the range of the 34V or newer, or purchasing a Mac MX series preamp.
The MX 130 looks to have decent reviews just being used as a solid preamp for stereo use and has a phono section which I need.  I know this is a question with no best answer but anyone have experience that they are willing to share?
Thanks
Kent
torchlake99

I can tell you that I have an Audio Research LS 27 and my search for Pre Amp

has ended, it has sweet and  splendid quality to the sound. Good luck on your search.

Hello 
Can you send more information on your sp9 including pictures. I think this would be a good preamp with what I am running.

Where would it be shipped from? Who did the upgrade? Any additional info will be appreciated.  How do I contact you directly?

Cheers

Kent
Hi Kent,

If you give me your email address, I can email the information. You'll need a good competent tech to carry out the work. I am in Australia.

Regards,

Wayne.
+1 Matt Miller.  I can vouch for the Dehavilland - I have had one in my rig for years.  A great value for the sound!