How do I integrate my Equipment..

Onkyo TX-SR805 A/V Receiver 130 WPC  Main unit

Dahlquist 20i Speakers Fronts  inefficient 86db crave power Great Sound

Klipsch KLF-C-7 Center Massive handles up to 600 Watts

Walsh Ohm 2 Surrounds 88db Very nice

SVS PB 10 Sub

Crown XLS 1000 Power Amp 

Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid ( Tube Preamp ) Newly acquired

I'd like to have a HT setup as well as 2 Channel for listening to my music. Do I need a Tube Amp or SS for more power to push the Dahlquist 20i Speakers ? Yahoo Dahlquist Group, AudioKarma says at least 200 WPC are needed to open these up/ Preferably tube setup. Right now I'm using the Onkyo preamps on them.

I'm somewhat of a novice so I need input as to how to hook everything up for best results in HT/ Stereo modes.

And what does using a CD player or other source as a transport mean ? I have a really good Blu/Ray Player and SACD/DVD Audio Video Player. The former a Sony BDP-S790 and the latter a best in class Onkyo DV-SP1000.

I appreciate in advance any help.. 

dabreeze

I guess my main concern is how to put the Tube Preamp into the system and what amp to use ( tube or solid state ) that would adequately supply the watts needed to get the most out of the Dahlquist 20i speakers. And, have the flexibility to adapt to both a 2 channel experience and allow for a 5.1 HT surround environment too.

Any thoughts..

Can anyone suggest a 200 -300WPC amp old or new with tube like properties for the front end with the tube preamp to push the Dahlquist 20i speaker. I guess than I could use the Onkyo 805 for the remaining 3 channels and powered sub for H/T purposes. Btw, what would I do with the Crown xls 1000 ?