The next step to a better system

Hi everyone

I have been putting together a system for the last few years and need some of your wise and varied knowledge to help me take the next step.

My current system is

Harman Kardon HK990 intergrated

Revel F52 speakers

SVS PB12 NSD Sub

VPI Aries Scout with an Ortofon 2m Bronze mm cart

Herron VTPH 1mm phono preamp

Onkyo CDP DXC390

Belden BJC LC-1 interconnects

12 gauge, 87 strand, oxygen free copper speaker cables

Every step I've taken so far has lead me to a better audio listening place. 

I would also like to figure out the best way to introduce a good digital music source into my system. Currently I just hook up my smart phone through an Aux on the HK990 and listen to Pandora and Spotify. 

And of course I would like to improve on the analogue side of my system.

So any guidance would be helpful.

Thank for your time and knowledge

meambler
Thanks Mesch,

Could you recommend an external DAC or 2.

What specs would I be looking for in a great DAC?

What would you consider as a budget for a DAC? You will need a coax input for your CD player (thinking it has coax digital out) and asynchronous USB for computer.   I currently playback only redbook CD quality files, wether via computer or disc player. I am using a Bryston BDA-1 DAC with a USB/SPDIF converter for computer. At the time I purchased my DAC (2011) I felt there were 2 ways to go, buy an older DAC lacking asyn USB and use the converter, or, buy a New DAC. I wanted one with a quality power supply and analog output stage so I bought used and added the converter. Today there are many quality USB DACs available at all budget levels. As one option, I would check out Schiit Audio DACs. Again, what is your budget?
Just had an after thought, I believe your HK has a DAC and coax input. Is that true? If so, you could purchase a USB/SPDIF converter and run it directly into your amp as a way to get into computer audio inexpensively. For streaming internet radio this approach might suffice. I have purchased several used converters here on AG for under $100. It would make an excellent device for Redbook CD or internet radio playback.
Thanks Mesch,

After some digging around I am looking at a Cambridge Audio Azur 851D. They retail for around $1650 but I found a new one on sale for $799. It seems to be very versatile unit.

Specs are here… http://www.stereophile.com/content/cambridge-audio-azur-851d-da-processor-specifications#5VOidqojFAd…

I like the fact it has bluetooth capabilities.

Also looked at a Benchmark DAC2 HGC ($1995). It's supposed to sound better but at a difference of $1196 I'm leaning towards the Cambridge and putting the difference towards a new cartridge or the SVS SB13 Ultra Sub.

Thoughts?

I did check out the Schiit Audio DACs. They seemed nice but I like having options and they were pretty straight forward.