Cartridges in general

The MM thread is in decline because the driving force Raul left his own thread. Besides the thread become to large so not easy to find whatever. Meanwhile J.Carr made the suggestion to extend the thread such that it would include electret , electorstatic and optical kinds in addition to the usual MC and MM kinds. J.Carr is invited to give some
kind of introduction to those 'strange kinds' of carts as the start for this new thread.
128x128nandric
Nandric,
being rich on carts & SUTs is not a bad thing at all.
Using no SUTs is like having missed half of one`s (musical) life :-)
Greetings to NL & D.C.

Hi dear Thuchan,we missed your contributions for some time. I am glad to see
that I provoked you to react. Alas only a part of your statement is true. The one
about my carts(+ 50). I own since recently just two SUT's : FRT-4 and Denon AU-S1 . But I should listen to our genius friend Daniel 10 years ago. I forget
his argument but , if I am right, this has someting to do with 'mutal' relationship
between impedance and inductance of both components. This argument scared me to dead because in my interpreation this meant separat SUT for each of
my MC carts. You should be thankful because in this case I would need to lend
the money from you (grin).
Dear Nandric,
You remember very well. Yes, you need to find a perfect match. Nevertheless when you start engaging into this subject more deeply you will find SUTs which are variable like e.g. the Tango 999. There is a lot of literature on the web regarding this topic. Don't forget one coil faces the other. Good luck!