What's the latest word on the Emotiva UMC-1?

I just bought the Oppo 83 blu-ray player, and now see the Emotiva website says the UMC-1 processor is in initial shipping mode. At only $700, is this processor really of great quality and a bargain compared to the likes of more expensive units from Onkyo, Integra, Marantz, Rotel, etc? I'm looking to spend under $3,000. For strictly home theater use, would you go for the UMC-1 or what other product?
rxlarry99
Spoke to Lonnie at Emotiva. He said they are working on final software tweaks and it should be out soon. I will hear it next month and I am looking forward to it. As far as Japanese goes. Emotiva is an OEM to some really high end components for many good companies. They are US based and designed in the US. The labor to piece together is in China. I would call them a hybrid company and for the dollar they are really tough to compete with.

Jury is out on the internal bass management. I believe Audyssey is a bit more thorough. I hope it is good enough to facilitate room correction for many subs.
Any 2 channels guys happy with their performance of their preamp but want to run this bad boy thru a imput for HT only??
Emotiva are state side based...Tennessee. Built offshore for savings but under strict supervision/guidance. They do repairs state side and/or replace the unit. I'm waiting for a full blown review or two concerning the umc1 and the xmc1 which is, don't quote me. supposed to offer balanced outs/ins and a hopped up phono section. Nonetheless, I'm not put off by the price at all. A friend of mine has their xpa2 and xpa3 amps. They are effortless in operation. Can't imagine wanting or needing more juice than these things put out. The amps offer balanced inputs and are built like tanks. And yes, they sound very good...far better than their price would suggest.
Is it a big deal though hat the UMC-1 is not balanced??? Is is better to wait for the XMC1???