I'm happy but I want more, more, more

My system is a Clearaudio Performance SE table, Clearaudio Stradivari cartridge, ARC PH5, Conrad Johnson et3 se pre, and a Classe CA-2200 amp running a pair of Thiel 3.6. Speaker cables are Cardas Golden Cross and interconnects are Cardas Clear Refection. Now, to upgrade the pre to a Conrad Johnson ACT 2 series 2 or an ARC Ref 3 will cost me about $3500-4000 CAD, as will an upgrade to a ARC PH-8 phonostage. Any opinions regarding which upgrade, pre or phonostage, will yield the greatest jump in performance are appreciated. BTW, no talk about upgrading speakers and leaving Thiel as that costs real money and countless therapy sessions.
bill10907
If you have not yet put a reasonable effort into room treatment
this is the place to start.
Considering it's cost to benefit ratio, its a no brainier.

Tooblue. It's an analogue system only. Every time I've upgrade I am astounded by the amount of music on the record that I didn't get before I upgraded. In my mind, there is always a little bit more music than you previously thought. I agree, phonostage should be the direction. For some strange reason, it wasn't that clear to me until I read your post, but when I compare the prices of my existing preamp and phonosage, the choice is obvious. And yes, price is generally a good reflection of performance.Thanks.
Totem395. I'm just getting into room treatment. It's generally one of the last thing we audiophiles do, albeit for a number of good reasons, but the improvement from just 4 DIY sound absorbers makes me think I should have done it when I first started out 10 years ago. It is absolutely a no brainer!
Do you already have AC power conditioner? My experience after adding Torus Power products (AVR30 WM for main system, RM8 and RM16 for another 2 systems) resulted in less background noise and the sound becomes higher resolution.
anwar,
I replace a Bybee Holographic by Torus AVR16  (europe) without regret much better in many ways.

Bill,

I'd say the cart is too good for the table & tonearm. I would really consider upgrading the Performance to another table (not necessarily Clearaudio). Which one depends on how much cash you are willing to throw at it.

There are many choices : SME, Avid, TWAcustic Raven (which I use), Notts Analogue, Verdier etc, even VPI ;^)

The choice of partnering tonearm is also vitally important. I cut out the intermediate choices and went for the Graham Phantom. SME V is also a popular choice if you prefer gimballed.