Shangling CD-T100 CD Player in need of repair

I have a Shangling CD-T100 that can use some service. It has at random a ticking sound something like a scratch on a record and sometimes it seems like a fraction of a word is cut off, something like skip. I am talking like only one letter of a word. This does not happen often but when it does it takes away from my enjoyment of the music. I live in the San Fernando Valley in California and looking for someone to check this out so I do not have to send it across the country. If I have to ship it I will but hate to have this bounced around.

128x128thefile
All I was able to find was the laser itself, I wanted the complete assembly and the only one I found was in Germany and they would not ship to the U.S. so  I E-mailed Brooks Berdan and asked them if they could replace the laser, I was told there were no original lasers available for that player and they would not attempt to do the repair with a generic because of problems. I really did not want to ship the player but I did E-mail USA Tube Audio and waiting for their response.

I have used some of the non originals before without troubles, just made sure I got it from a seller with good feedback. And your always protected with ebays buyer protection plan, if it doesn’t work. And they are cheap enough to take a punt on.

Cheers George

I just received a response from Paul at USA Tube Audio, he can do the laser replacement but I am not sure if I want to have it done. I did not know this and maybe some of you did not know either but Shanling is out of business. I would hate the thought of it breaking down caused from a designated part that is nowhere to be had.
I thought you guys would like to know about Shanling being out of business.

Makes them even more valuable now. He hasn’t offered to buy it cheap from you, as I will so would Thorsten Losech of AMR?

Shanlings website is still functioning????????

Cheers George

I just noticed your post George, I think I will try it myself. Like you said they are cheap enough,there is a guy in Germany selling the Philips CDM 12.10. I will let you know how it ends up.