A New Reel to Reel Tape Deck?

normansizemore
Inna,

Coming from ReVox I am certain it will be of 'audiophile' quality.  Yes, they're are many classic alternatives, as is true with any piece of gear we may be looking for. 
I beleive that this move by ReVox will inspire other 'classic' open reel manufactures to follow this lead. The easiest of which is Otari and possibly NAGRA. 

This  may also inspire more companies to provide parts for machines that are still in use. It would be easy for TEAC, SONY, Pioneer etc, to gradually move back into production.  The market of course will have to be strong, which from what I understand is more so in Europe and Asia then here in the States. 

There are over 30 companies now providing open reel titles something that we would have thought impossible a decade ago. 

Very good news indeed. 
N
<< It's hard to imagine that it will be manufactured in either Germany or Switzerland at such a low entry price.  Maybe it will be built in China with a ReVox label? >>

The deck will be made in Bratislava.
miner42,

Yes it was introduced this past weekend.  Looking forward to seeing what type of modular system this will be and wondering how long before the deck lands state side.  Reading reports of those who attended mention that the deck is designed to be 'affordable'…hahaha  maybe to some.  Though I will probable not own one, it is refreshing to see something like this again.  Makes me nostalgic for the mid to late 70's when CES and Munich were exciting to attend and most all of the products were within reach of anyone who wanted hi-fi.

I would imagine that they would have an actual production unit at the 2017 CES.  Will have to wait and see.

N.