Cartridge loading question

Does lowering cart loading impedance only affect the top end (rolling off) or does it also impact soundstage, dynamics, etc.?
asp307
If you reread my last post, you will see that you have to obtain the control- a stereo potentiometer and then wire it as a stereo rheostat.

Radio Shack used to sell just the thing for about $5.00; this one should do nicely:
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-ALPHA-C100K-100K-ohm-Dual-Stereo-Potentiometer-Log-Taper-pots-20mm-shaft-...
@atmasphere got it thanks. I see RadioShack still has them and I still have a RadioShack near me. How do I hook this in to my preamp? A step by step would be great. Thanks again.
You have to find some way to get it across the cartridge terminals.

Our preamps have a load strip on the back so its rather easy. Other preamps may only have settings available from the front panel. If that is the case, you'll have to get some connectors too so that the connection can be made prior to the input of the preamp.

The middle pin and one of the outside leads of the potentiometer are wired together, the same in both channels.  The resulting connections are somehow made to connect one to the + output of the cartridge and the other to the - output such that the pot (now wired as a rheostat) is in parallel with the cartridge.

If any of this seems tricky to you, you're going to need some assistance when you set this up.
Thanks @atmasphere, really appreciate the help. I will look into this further. In the meantime, I'm really liking what I'm hearing at 250 ohm.
All good advice above.  Sounds like 250 Ohm is ideal for your set up.  Enjoy.