Why some preamps does not play music? Cold?

I mean technically/electronically wise, why some preamps while been very revealing and very good in reproduction of frequencies and extensions, are at the same time not engaging musically and emotionally and even boring? Are there a solutions to fix that (except for changing preamp)?
dvavc
No, they are tube. BTW, in that respect i'm talking about it does not matter tube or SS, but i had in mind tube pre.
"Slow"... Hm... It is interesting... I’d say might be not exactly "slow", because it might have swing at the same time, but most likely wrong PRAT, that screws original melody, therefore depending on music played it varies from "Ok" to "bad". Hm.. Yep, thats probably it. In this case i guess there is no fix for that except for new preamp.(((
Preamps can be system dependent and personal preference do apply as well as musical tastes, what sounds mediocre in one system may actually sound very good in another. You might want to start by trying different interconnects and or tubes. If in the end all else fails you might need to try another pre. Some preamps are more accurate then musical, maybe that's the case here. Preamps are very difficult to get right for manufacturers.
dvavc, what's your tube preamp?   Do you know the tubes in the preamp?    You can tailor the sound by changing the tubes.