Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
I would be glad to give you an answer that I guarantee is accurate.  However, and I think it's very unfortunate that it's come to this, I have to say that I will not engage in yet another ridiculous dispute with you.  My answer will be an honest one and for it to have any meaning it will necessarily start by my pointing out that there are some fundamental problems with your basic premise; at least the way you have worded it.  The problems (per your wording) point to a lack of understanding not only about the business, but also about the music itself.  If interested,  let me know and I can respond later this evening.

Frogman, that was a completely honest question, and it partially relates to how well those musicians played with Eddie Fisher without any rehearsal of his music.

No, I don't know enough about music to properly word a serious question, but in this instance I would like to learn and I'll be looking for your honest response.

Enjoy the music.
Somebody went off the "reservation"....? I didn't realize that there was a security guard on duty on this thread? FYI using the term "reservation" and what it implies (indigenous people rounded up and imprisoned)  and how it was implied,has a very nasty racist overtone and will not,i assure you, be tolerated.I think an explanation AND an apology is in order,and just THINK before you type.

I'm glad you brought up the seriousness of that term. Not thinking about the seriousness is "Americanism"; that's a sort of conditioning to racism. Since we just got over a major war, as the OP, I declare this case closed and concluded; I hope that's OK with everybody.

Enjoy the music.
Who is this person??

Can we still talk about the origins of black music and slavery?

The best thing to do, is to ignore his ridiculous post.

Cheers

btw, To whom does he think I should 'apologize'?  Him??