Help! My system is very bright it hurts my ear

Anyone..help...Here is my system listed...I'm new to audio...cd is raysonic 128 with 2 amperex gold pin 2 EH (6922)...golden audio se40 with 6 of JJ 6l6gc..Macintosh c40 pre.amp..new Aragon 8008...n pair with quad 22l2..here is the hook up, I hook up golden audio to high n mid and hook up Aragon for base...I have tried different speaker like Gallo 3.1 n monitor s8i but still too bright..is just too bright...any help please?????  Oh..forgot the system is in living room with 20' ceiling, could it be acoustic issue or pair issue, tube, amp, speaker....help please?????
fatgosil
Simplify to a Bel Canto C5i integrated amp. Can be had used here when they come up for under $1000 (the price of less than a handful of audiofile fuses). SOTA at its price point and smooth as silk. Your ears and bank account will thank you. Has everything needed for analog, digital and phono in one tiny unassuming and great sounding box.

My C5i works great in this regard with my Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII speakers which can also have an edge some might find too hard in many cases. I’ve heard the Quads, Monitor audio and Gallos and think it would be an exceptional and easy and affordable pairing to fix the problem and perhaps even sound better than ever in the end with any of those.
Mapman may be right.  I, however, have a very bright room poker room in our sub-basement:  low ceilings, slate floor over concrete, and horrible slap echo.  It is a very bright room.  DEQX after installing half a dozen sound traps was the only answer.
Thanks a lot guys...that us a lot of excellent input...I will try a little at a time as time permits n some time to digest all input...u guys are great...to map man...is the bel canton c5i really that great???
To low rider...yup, living sucks...is 20x60 n carpet...concrete with laminate floor n one glass table top n a big mirror at end of living room...I know it suck...
@fatgosil, there are ways to improve the acoustics of your room. Use several throw rugs in your listening area, or an oriental rug.
You need wall-hangings, or better yet, some acoustic panels for sound absorption.
Don't try to fill the entire room with sound. If you haven't already, create a living space close to your system. How far away is your current listening area from the speakers?

Take a look at the Virtual Systems section and see how other members have treated their rooms. Those with systems in the living room (myself included), use rugs, drapes or curtains, plants, bookshelves to absorb standing waves which include mid and high frequencies. I have a tapestry hanging on the wall behind me and it helped reduce the brightness from my system.