Bob Dylan MoFi

Heard from a very reliable source that Mobile fidelity Sound labs will be releasing a set of Dylan Lps in Mono in the coming months. Time to open the wallet once again. 
fromunda
bdp24:,

It is I, that thank you for your perspective as a musician and what this  brings to this discussion. I really enjoyed reading your post above. It brings a very personal aspect from your unique perspective that I miss from being an end-user/listener/wanna-be-mucisian.

To be truthful, I'm recently discovering/re-discovering artists that I should have been more knowledgeable about all, these many years. (It is with the advance of great gear that we are now experiencing in our home environment, that I can now make confident contributions to what I'm hearing).

Regarding this threads' inception: If MOFI can do (magic) on the early mono Dylan lps like they did on "Surrealistic Pillow", WOW!, this would be great. Until then, I'm more than happy with my Original Mono Recordings box set.

(By the way, my two lps of "Oh Mercy" are the domestic issue and the Simply Vinyl.) I reported yesterday on my domestic copy.

Cheers!

Thank you, bdp, that was an incredible post. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that perspective. I will re-listen to those albums with renewed enthusiasm!

As for Time Out of Mind- I always loved the album- as a matter of fact it's one of my favorites. But, unfortunately, even the vinyl pressing sounds kind of meh. Which is alright- there's some music I critically listen to, some I just listen to because I love and it's a real bonus when those two come together!

Just for the record, I have "Time Out Of Mind". I bought it when it was initially released, played it once, put it away. (Many, many years/system changes ago!) By the way, was this the lp that had Dylan on stage at the Grammy's, when "SOY BOMB" came on stage?

19 years ago, many things have changed. bdp24, you have moved me enough for a good cleaning and, really, a good evaluation. I thank you for this self-imposed challenge!

bdp24:

I re-listened today.

One point to mention, Regarding these two artists, (both, I assume would not be agreeable to being in "the background". This aspect is present in "TGFTNC", as these two artists/singers, are relaying this song, "in their own" interpretation, (not "a singular" interpretation), in any lesser degree as you'd normally hear. These two "strong" artists, are delivering their own performance, within the constraints of a singular recording!!!

This would never/not be in the conversation today! It works.

Cheers!
I got a dished copy (both records) of Nashville Skyline from MOFi as well. Have not listened yet. Very uncharacteristic pressing for MoFi.