Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Justtubes2,  not the case,  no bandage,  I don't want a fuse to destroy a perfect sound,  it's like,  if it's not broken,  don't fix it. 
However,  the money back guarantee is appealing on the sr-black's ! , you know,  I just bought arguably the best outlet money can buy,  these are like huge component upgrades,  the new and improved furutech ncf gtx-rhodium outlet's.

Justubes2

Has it R-ON.  Like  I wrote last week in this never ending TRIP DOWN the Yellow Brick Rd thread.

Today's after marketers. The  FUSE Gold mine for them. Maybe 90% profit easily.

Know how to make it sound lean/warm/ medium rare and so-on.

If you have Maggie's or Sound Labs which I owned in the past.

Both benefitted from H-Fi-tuning Gold. Took away the edge, added some warmth. These fuse Mfg.'s know this. The bottom line if the tuning fuse takes away the musical sound, to gain silver cymbals, tighten bass fiddle strings. You have reduce yourself to ( 0's &1's).

Tubes444        p.s. Has anyone ever seen a single word about geoffkait

on what his system consist of? If not then!! he has nothing to do but inject Straw man commentary without first hand I've own this, I've owned that which helps me belong in these discussions..

^^^

1. If the maker of the SR Black fuse makes a 90% profit ... good for him. He is selling the Black fuse for $120.00. I think, based upon the result given, its worth the money in trade. He wants my $120.00 and I want the fuse. Both parties walk away from the table feeling as though they got a fair shake. That's capitalism. 

2.  I have used stock fuses throughout my system. I changed all the fuses for the HiFi Tuning fuses. Result? A total improvement in all areas. Then, I changed the fuses for the SR Red fuses. A huge improvement in all areas. Now, I'm in the process of changing out the Reds for the Blacks. So far, three components have been changed out. The results? Mind boggling. 

3.  If anyone is experiencing leanness, brightness, diffuseness AFTER 100 hours on the Black fuse, check the direction of the fuse. If you have it in the wrong way, the system will sound as though its out of phase. It will still give you certain improvements over the Red fuses, but turn the fuse around for the maximum effect.

Just sayin' ....

justtubes 2:

Thank you for the detailed, informative, and insightful post. I do think the Synergistic Research SR-20 fuse is a wonderful "entry level audio grade fuse". I previously primarily had SR-20 fuses with some SR RED fuses in my three systems. I believe the SR-20 fuse also comes with a 30 day trial but one should check before ordering the SR-20. It is a wonderful performing fuse for the cost.

I will not try the Audio Magic Bees Wax fuse as there a  no return policy. I wonder if the fuse will sound different 6 months or a year from now.
I also wonder if it imparts that "overdamped sound" that can in the long run create a loss of musical emotion.

I too am enjoying the sound of multiple Synergistic Research Teslaplex SE wall outlets with one Furutech GTX - Rhodium wall outlet in the same system. For me it is easy to overdo the use of connectors that have Rhodium. But a touch of Rhodium can be like a touch of the right spice for a gourmet dish.

Geoff owns Sennheiser 600 headphones. I also own Sennheiser 600 headphones. I have found the Black fuses and to a lesser degree the Red or SR-20 fuse to significantly improve the headphone listening experience.

I do wish Geoff would audition some of the products discussed in this thread. I personally would enjoy his thoughts after he listened to the SR Teslaplex SE Wall outlet compared to what he is currently using, or the Furutech GTX Rhodium or Gold wall outlets.

It is hard to audition fuses in a now fuseless system as Geoff has. Time to put some back in!  It might improve the sound. Without experimentation it is merely speculation on how the newest generation fuses would affect Geoff's system. Of course installed in the correct direction!

David Pritchard