Emotiva XMC-1 owners....

I am considering trying the new Emotiva XMC-1 home theatre processor and wanted anyone who has one to please key in your experience with this awaiting piece. I am on a large upgrade waiting list but would like some feedback for those who have it at home. Any comparisons would be nice as I previously sold my UMC-200 processor and now use a tube integrated with an Oppo 103 for processing which is just ok. The Oppo has bad volume control, no sub control & no XLR connectivity. Thx in advance....
128x128bacardi
Scvan, you need to look at the video on the web-site. You will need to correct yourself in your statements........
From the website....
As a PWM, the signal is reclocked, amplified in the digital domain, reclocked again, and then demodulated to drive a speaker directly.

From international rectifier...
A Class D audio amplifier is basically a switch-
ing amplifier or PWM amplifier.

And then from wikipedia...
Home Theatre systems. In particular the economical "home theatre in a box" systems are almost universally equipped with class-D amplifiers. On account of modest performance requirements and straightforward design, [B]direct conversion from digital audio to PWM [/B]without feedback is most common.

I'm sure you will enjoy your Kratos, but it is not new technology. It is quite commonly used. I was just curious what class-D (switching amp) chip they were using because there are only a couple in that power range.
From the website....
As a PWM, the signal is reclocked, amplified in the digital domain, reclocked again, and then demodulated to drive a speaker directly.

From international rectifier...
A Class D audio amplifier is basically a switch-
ing amplifier or PWM amplifier.

And then from wikipedia...
Home Theatre systems. In particular the economical "home theatre in a box" systems are almost universally equipped with class-D amplifiers. On account of modest performance requirements and straightforward design, direct conversion from digital audio to PWM without feedback is most common.

I'm sure you will enjoy your Kratos, but it is not new technology. It is quite commonly used. I was just curious what class-D (switching amp) chip they were using because there are only a couple in that power range.
I think what makes them unique is the caps and custom power supply. Which makes a huge difference in any component if the parts are quality and how they are wired/configured. Then as a whole could create amazing quality, lowest distortion, higher resolution and dynamics.
I concur.... It seems that the linear PS that they are using is quite HQ from what I have read.