Emotiva XMC-1 owners....

I am considering trying the new Emotiva XMC-1 home theatre processor and wanted anyone who has one to please key in your experience with this awaiting piece. I am on a large upgrade waiting list but would like some feedback for those who have it at home. Any comparisons would be nice as I previously sold my UMC-200 processor and now use a tube integrated with an Oppo 103 for processing which is just ok. The Oppo has bad volume control, no sub control & no XLR connectivity. Thx in advance....
128x128bacardi
It is a class D amp. It just isn't converting the analog to digital before the switching controller. It then converts the PWM signal to analog.
They are just calling it something else, but I assure you it is the same technology as a class-D amp.

I think many class-d integrated amps skip the D to A to PWM conversion and amplify the digital signal directly. This is the way of the future.
Scvan recommending from Pioneer or Onkyo shows me where you are at audio wise and you therefore loose any credibility
Vernneal,

Have you listened to any of their new products? Or that last mid-fi product you listened to was in 1985 so therefore they are all bad? The quality of mid-fi today will easily top any hi-fi from the early 80's. Easily... You are welcome to come over and listen to my all Mac '80s gear and compare it to a modern Pio receiver (which I don't own but will get for this demo). When I said they were good, the people were asking if they were OK for their system. Should I have told them, "No! If you want to enjoy music you MUST have a Pass Labs amp?" Of course not that would be foolish!

For example. You are using a $500 blu-ray player and a $50 roku for some of your sources. I would never insult them but are the DCS level? No, but I agree they are good.

It does not need to be esoteric or expensive to be good. To think otherwise is to be snobbish.

I'm not even sure where your attack came from. I stated a fact. The "digital amp" in the Kratos is a variation of a class-D amp. They even compare it to one on their web page. Class-D amplifiers amplify a PCM signal exactly what the Kratos does. Exactly the same...
Scvan, you need to look at the video on the web-site. You will need to correct yourself in your statements........