Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

"Geoffkait, if we believed in more, at least PT Barnum would have been better off! As for the rest of us, I feel that is still yet to be proven. :)"

"All products must be marketed, even the really good ones. " - PT Barnum

"You can’t prove anything to someone who has his mind made up."  - GC Kait

brownsfan, I check the stock fuse and it's 1.6A.  I just took Dan's word and didn't bother checking before use.  

I've been using 3.15A since new without problems so not going to purchase another fuse.    PS 9.0 is relative inexpensive so taking my chances. :-)

Gentlemen/gentlemen,

Mitch2

Has it> right on THE RED thins, it brighten everything.. Think about it

a little piece of 20ga wire +/- amps required inside a fuse capsule right out of the box!

REMEMBER >> these are tuning fuses that's what they are. If any of hunderd's of hunderd's audio gear Mfg could insert a Fuse that would make revelations in audio improvements they would.

There in a very competitive market place world wide. Do I use tuning fuse YES!.

I've TRIED THE RED YES!. It took warmth from the cello & violin in my Wilson speakers.

WHICH GAVE ONE THE INPRESSION OF MORE CLEAR AND OPEN PRESENTATION.

Use them as for what the are. But if one knocks your socks off. Then its removing to much,

or adding to much.  Tubes444

brownsfan, I changed my mind and ordered a SR Black 1.6A.  Don't want to push my luck so will be using both SR Blacks 3.15A in the HAPZ1.
Thank you to for the encouragement for my brother. I posted his condition to gently remind myself and readers that the mortality clock is always ticking.

Try a fuse - no risk involved- if you like the effect your musical enjoyment just increased. If you did not hear a change it was a (at least to me) a fun experiment to perform at no or little expense.There are more important things to ponder than why a fuse construction would make a sonic change.

David Pritchard