Pani ... New ART-9 up and running ...

The Cartridge arrived and I took it down to Studio City to Acoustic Image to have Eliot Midwood set it up properly. Eliot is the bomb when it comes to setting up the Well Tempered turn tables correctly.

http://www.acousticimage.com/

So, last night I had Mr. Golden Ears over to get his assessment as well. For a brand new cartridge that had zero hours on it ... all I can say is WOW! This is one naturally musical cartridge that doesn't break the bank. Its everything I liked about the OC9-mk III, but it goes far beyond the OC-9 in every respect.

In a previous post, I talked about the many mono records I own and how good the OC-9 was with the monos. Well, the ART-9 is on steroids. Just amazing on mono recordings.

At under $1100.00 from LP Tunes, its a bargain. The ART-9 surpasses all cartridges I've had in the system before. That would include Dynavectors, Benz, Grado Signatures and a Lyra Clavis that I dearly loved. In fact, its more musically correct than the Clavis. The Clavis was the champ at reproducing the piano correctly ... the ART-9 is equally as good in this area.

Sound stage, depth of image, left to right all there. Highs ... crystalline. Mids ... female and male voices are dead on. Transparency ... see through. Dynamics ... Wow! Low noise floor ... black. Mono records ... who needs stereo?

Your assessment that the ART-9 doesn't draw attention to itself is dead on. You just don't think about the cartridge at all. Not what its doing, or what its not doing ... its just beautiful music filling the room.

Thanks again Pani for the recommendation. I'll keep posting here as the cartridge continues to break in.
128x128oregonpapa
Here is an update that may help all our music loving ART-9 owners, I just bought a 47 Labs phonocube phono stage. It is considered a bit tricky to match all cartridges because it is a fixed impedance phono stage which amplifies current instead of voltage. One cannot set any loading impedance on it. Theoretically there is no loss due to loading and the amplification circuit sees the complete signal from the cartridge. Ok, the good news is it is terrific match with the ART9. Just like the cartridge the phonostage has also disappeared in my system. I do not hear either of them, just unrestricted and free flowing music with all its glory and dynamics amplified clean and clear! No sibilance, no noise, no etch, no roll-off, so slowing down (typically due to loading) and no coloration anywhere. If anything I am probably hearing the power cord and interconnects. Kudos!
^^^ Nice, Pani ...

And once again, thank you for turning us on to the ART-9. What an amazing cartridge it is.

I've recently placed a Synergistic Research Black fuse into my ARC PH-8. Once the fuse is broken in (70 - 150 hours), it gives new meaning as to how good the ART-9 really is. Highly recommended. 
^^ Agreed, it is indeed amazing for the outlay. Mine is just past 100hrs now, and presenting music as good as I have heard in 30 yrs in this crazy hobby. I just heard some new guitar lines in Love over Gold that I had never knew existed, adding to the great sense of space and instrument placement makes this MC a serious contender way above it’s price point. It clearly works well with the updated V2 of Concert Fidelity’s SPA4c phono stage, an ultra short signal path design. Masa Tsuda is a fan of My Sonic Labs cartridges which are also sublime, but for now I’m more than happy with the ART-9..

Like everyone else, it seems, this thread has got me curious about the ART-9! Any ideas about whether it would be a good match for a Naim Aro? 
Soldevere, it should be a good match though I am not sure if the Aro can bring out all the resolution and extension that the Art9 is capable of. I had the aro too. It is musical and smooth but it is not very high resolution imo