Has anyone heard the new North American products preamp and amp?

The new versions are called X-10s and the amp is on its third version or Mark III. This truly provides holograph imagine unlike anything I've heard before. On symphonic orchestras, one can hear the first violins. I have never heard an amp sound this precise.

In reality, I doubt if any amplifier can rival it. I certainly have never heard any that do so. Every album is so involving.

The preamp has yet to get a remote but is nevertheless, quite striking.
tbg
What's up with all the Lack of Science comments?  Am I missing something? In the first place it's a rather easy experiment to conduct, putting a glass filled with water on the surface of the iso platform and visually observing the absence of ripples on the surface of the water compared to the case of the glass of water without isolation. Of you are really curious which I actually doubt you can always use an accelerometer.  Isolation is a lot like the weather.  Everyone complains about it but nobody does anything about it. The same folks that complain about lack of science seem to be waiting for someone else to investigate this whole thing.
Thanks G, next time I need still water I know what to use!
So sorry you have missed the whole point. AGAIN!!!
Sorrier that knowledgable friends are wasting there time trying to help when you are just trying to be obtuse. or worse, you ARE that obtuse!
I hope you will troll on other sights and not understand anything there.
Please Take your dumb troll friends with you.
To those interested in H-cat, I hope you realize soon... that any further communication with trolls is a waste of time, they feed on responses.
Please don't feed the trolls!!!

Ddough wrote,

"Thanks G, next time I need still water I know what to use!
So sorry you have missed the whole point. AGAIN!!!
Sorrier that knowledgable friends are wasting there time trying to help when you are just trying to be obtuse. or worse, you ARE that obtuse!
I hope you will troll on other sights and not understand anything there.
Please Take your dumb troll friends with you.
To those interested in H-cat, I hope you realize soon... that any further communication with trolls is a waste of time, they feed on responses.
Please don’t feed the trolls!!!"

That’s real good, ddough. If you don’t mind too much can I suggest you consider taking a remedial English course. You may carry on with your shilling, now. Have a nice day. 

Mr. Geoff K.,

It is my opinion that Tom D., is in agreement with your methodology as highly functional. He is in simple disagreement as to the efficiency of the outcome based on his experiences and personal history involving vibration management. Upon further review I noticed you occasionally provide people with names that are presented as humorous or humiliating, for example the “Strawman”? When this takes place I feel the need to reply in kind so say what you will related to products and science but highly recommend refraining from calling us or the public idiotic names.

Your Statement: “It sounds like you’re perhaps from the Michael Green school of letting the vibrations RUN FREE, not attempting to attenuate them, isolate them, damp them or otherwise interfere with the natural flow of vibration in the room and in the audio system.”

Reply: The absolute finest product Star Sound offers is the Energy Room. A mechanically grounded structural listening environment where the energy is left to - and in your words “Run Free”! We reduce the negative effects caused from vibration via mechanical grounding (direct coupling through metal materials that have specific damping factors). Judging from all who have entered this physical space, the results are a newfound ‘live stage’ listening experience. The first is located in Charlotte, NC with the second currently being built is in Verona, WI. Both owners are interested in meeting fellow audiophiles and listeners so it is extremely easy for anyone to arrange an audition simply by calling us. Physical proof, public acceptance - no storyboarding.

Your Statement: “I am quite confident your statement implying that you have tried all vibration isolation devices is most likely just puffery.”

Reply: We wish! The monies invested for research and development alone would have let two of us retire at sixty. It all started with a brass ball bearing in 1988. You make false statements based on having no knowledge whatsoever of your competition’s history nor provide a basic respect for others participating in this industry. After reviewing many of your statements and in my opinion it appears to be a ‘my way or the highway’ basis for your product offerings and/or participation here.

Your Statement: “I use constrained layer damping as a means of reducing vibration in applications such as transformer and capacitors. Direct coupling will NOT accomplish this!”

Reply: Again, my way or the highway…based solely on your individual experience, practical knowledge and education. To further strengthen our understanding behind Live-Vibe Technology™, in 2004 Star Sound successfully marketed and sold thirty chassis of the M-100 amplifier and forty pairs of loudspeakers titled Caravelle under our Harmonic Precision™ trade name brand. Both products can be searched here to determine if the direct coupling techniques of all critical parts applied inside the chassis was a success. Physical proof, public participation and acceptance - no storyboarding.

Your Statement: “All that talk is fine but it strikes me that you actually don’t address very low frequency structureborne vibration or seismic vibration.”

Reply: We have been approached and are looking forward to working with a profound PHD in Seismology who has shared in our products, techniques and technical understanding. The Brass End Pin that attaches to cello, bass and bass clarinet motivated her to contact us where she too has invented products to improve the sound of instruments.

Our products address seismic vibration however as a company made up of engineers our comprehension can only provide educated opinions on this topic based on our ever evolving understanding of vibration and science. Adding highly qualified professionals to our company will provide proven testing methods that will explain in greater detail the seismic relationship and functionality of our innovations. We hope to formally announce her name, credentials and participation in the near future.

In closing: NOT TO TAKE POSSESSION OF THIS THREAD:

I recently spent a couple hours speaking with Mr. Roger Paul discussing his newer approach to amplification circuits and his understanding of sound. Although his technology and description buck the majority of defined gospel, he definitely aroused our curiosity particularly addressing the focus of signal and speed relationships to the human listening experience. We will be traveling to Somerville, NJ within the month for a listen .

Star Sound has a great deal in common with Roger’s dilemma here on AudioGon. It has taken our products 25 years to get us where we are. We experienced the pains from constant objections both scientific and public postings when introducing the first equipment “Platforms” designed to vibrate in 2001. Addressing AudioGon membership in those days felt like going twelve rounds with Larry Holmes, lots of black eyes… It has taken even longer to place our technology and products into a laboratory that is funded for the research and development of newer sciences related to energy conservation including the studies of vibration. If anything, we hope to be a reminder for the readership whereas one should always look forward to and embrace breakthroughs in sound reproduction regardless of current acceptance and understanding of the known rules.

Thank you for your time, As always - Good Listening!

Robert Maicks

Star Sound Technologies, LLC