Eerie, Ethereal, Moody, Involving Soundtracks

I'm looking for more of the REAL GOOD, maybe unheard-of stuff.
Really got hooked on Asche & Spencer's *Monster's Ball*, along with some tunes from *Dead Man Walking*, *Johnny Handsome*, etc.
Music that completely takes you into a far-away galaxy, lets you concentrate on loneliness, yet ................. you want to crank the volume way-up and dwell within it.
128x128rx8man
hey Rx8man I think I have lots of these, though they're not sound tracks, they are concept albums. There are some good ones mentioned already above, but also try some Mike Oldfield. His best is "Ommadawn" (not Tubular Bells). Also try "Songs of Distant Earth".

Another one which may be impossible to find is Stomu Yamashta, Michael Shrieve, Al Dimeola, and Steve Winwood - "Go". It was released in 1976 - I have it on vinyl and it's worn out. I've been unable to locate a replacement.

Finally - if you want really ethereal, and involving - try David Bedford "Ryme of the Ancient Mariner". It's a somewhat quiet, and slow moving piece - you need to dedicate yourself to it for the full 40+ minutes - and it doesn't hurt to be into your 3rd scotch. It's also a 70's release, but I saw it on Amazon.com.
and 12 years later...
Beck "Morning Phase"
Hex "S/T" ..a hidden gem if you can find it!
Dead Can Dance "The Serpents Egg"
Mazzy Star "Among My Swan" "Seasons of Your Day"