Best Standard Def DVD Player under $8,000 used?

I am looking for the best possible Standard Def DVD player
that is BLACK. I have a Krell DVD Showcase now and it's
great but I am wondering if there is better to be had for
under $8,000 used.

I would like to hear opinions/comparisons of the video
quality for:

Krell DVD Standard
Linn Unidisk 1.1
Meridian G98
Denon 5910CI

Thanks
Tom
tom92602
Musicman, I'm just going to ignore your ridiculous lowball offer for my 8-track player.
Wow, lots of jerks on here responding insultingly to the good man question. This forum is "audio"gon, and there is no Blu-Ray out there that can match the audio section of a Meridian G98. Get one of these used on here Tom for around $1200 to $1500, and you will have picture rivaling Blu-Ray, and audio that kills it!
Bullot,

Keep living the dream.....

I may be the only person who actually DID answer the original posters question, having owned every player he queried on except the Krell, and never even received any feedback from him!

You are sorely mistaken in your belief about ANY SD DVD player. Yes, the G98 is a great CD player, but scaled 480i and AC3/DTS don't come close to making up for the native 1080p video and uncompressed codecs of Blu-ray!
Best video quality.. I would say that the $499 Oppo BDP-83 is up there amongst the best. Denon A1BDCI would also end up there. Yes, those are BluRay players, but both perform admirably with DVD's as well.

For that kind of money, I would consider getting a HD-SDI modified player and a DVDO VP50Pro. It will be about half what you want to spend, but the picture quality will be outstanding!