A push-pull tube design and Single-ended class A designs

Hello,

Between a push-pull tube design and Single-ended class A designs amp, is Single-ened class A better in sound quality, why?

Regards,
Eddy
eddy1
eddy1 never buy an amp first and then try to find a speaker to fit it. Go to Axpona or Colorado show and see what speaker you love then match the amp push pull or single ended to go with it.
Hi,
The suggestion of going to a show is a good idea,  you need the broad range of exposure to get an example of what appeals to your ears. Try to seek out higher efficiency speakers  (say 92db and higher ) and higher load impedance (say 6 ohms or above). Avoid speakers that dip to low impedances (especially in the bass region). You can build a system beginning with the speaker  (most common approach )or begin with an amplifier.  I've done it both ways successfully. Either way one is going to have to match the other component. The key to satisfying SET amplifier use is getting a speaker with a compatible load to drive. Take your time, read and go out and listen. Key points for good SET selection are high quality output transformers and strong power supply, these are essential factors. Take away point, steer clear of inefficient and challenging speaker loads. SET will sound exceptionally good with multiple music genres with the right speakers. That's been my experience the past 6 years. 
Charles, 
Generally speaking, if you want to explore what SETs really have to offer, higher efficiency loudspeakers of easy impedance (8-16 ohms) are preferred.

A great speaker would be the Classic Audio Loudspeakers Hartsfield reproduction. Its about 105 db and very wide range for that efficiency!

If you are on more of a budget I would consider a full-range loudspeaker like a Lowther or PHY in an open-back cabinet or baffle.
Thank you very much jam, charles1dad, and atmasphere.

charles1dad, I really love to go to the show but where can I get the info regarding show information. I am in San Bernardino county, Los Angeles county CA.

eddy1,

There's an annual show in Newport, CA.(usually late spring-early summer) it's reported to be a really good audio show.

Charles,