Treating Floor in New Construction - Reducing Footfall and Vibration

Looking for some good ideas/solutions to treating my new dedicated music room's floor.  The room will be fairly large at 22w x 29L, built on the main floor of the new house with a basement below.  My current room is in my basement with concrete floors so footfall is never an issue.

I have asked the engineering firm to give me some recommendations on making the floor stronger structure wise; not sure what they will suggest, maybe floor joist on more narrow centers, say 12 inch vs 16.  

Have you tackled this issue?  What about mass loaded vinyl (MLV); would a layer of heavy vinyl between the OSB floor boards and carpet pad help?  Use two layers of OSB flooring and glue them together?  Ideas?

stickman451
Not a bad idea from rja....
Best to jack up the joists to 'level' (or even slightly higher....'pre-camber') prior to to the gluing and screwing so that you allow the box-beams to neutralise stresses before 'loading'.
Key word here is 'glue'...
Screws alone will not allow the 'skins' to stress....

Interesting question where my experience  may help.
You mentioned footfall and vibration.(Flex is also important)
Mass and rigidity are the factors.
Your decision must consider the "plywood" thickness used
throughout the adjoining areas;and the depth of finish flooring in
those areas.(There's nothing worse than irregular flooring-and I've seen it in luxury penthouses : ( ...
--The heaviest thickest plywood is best;glued and screwed (don't consider even 'ring' nails)  " carefully"  installed (i.e. supervised,we do not want a any rushing on this)
--I prefer 3/4 inch "Marine Grade" -you're research (check out Homestead Marine) will tell you why--  'T&G (tongue and groove) plywood with high quality adhesive on every inch of every stud -- that retains some flexibility.
Check out PL400,PL Premium, Titebond,Sika & 3M products with your builder/carpenter. I like bldr to be involved in the choice in any excellent product they like to use;they're pro's and 'pro's have preferences'.
I like your carpet (over heavy rubber underlay) with wood floor at the speaker area;it would be my choice (my speakers weigh >450+ lbs each).
--Regarding the framing or joist spacing I would be comfortable with 16 inch spacing - with carefully installed "blocking" between the joists. I will be using  'tight' fitting insulation batts of either used cotton or Roxul  Rock wool soundproofing type - carefully installed  right up to the floor above (I would go to the extreme of using spray glue for permanent adherence to the floor). 
Your carpenter should fasten (screw) at 4" along the joints and perimeter and 8 inches elsewhere.
I would have all joints glued as well to eliminate 'voids'.
Note re joists.  2x thickness gives double strength and rigidity
                            "depth"       "       "          " &  4 x rigidity.....
Gotta go but welcome your questions.
Pete

I would glue wherever plywood touches wood ; okay a bit o/c, but results are impeccable. Cheers. Peter
I suggest you check the 'Acoustiguard' website. I envy your opportunity to create a glorious sound room of about the size I would appreciate.
Do you have questions re your wall and ceiling construction? Vital as well. Don't skimp. Big room,big sound,big problems : )  Pete