Cleveland, OH

Anyone in the NE Ohio area that are still stalwart 2 channelers?
How about those of you who got rid of their stereo gear to go HT
only to regret it. Are you out there? COMMENTS
mosfetti
I didn't know this "local club" thing existed on Audiogon. I am a 53 yr old audio lover who has been dabbling in audiophile/hi-fi stuff for 30+ years here in N. Ohio. I am a strong 2 channel guy, but also built a home theater in 1987 when we built in Westlake (still live there), and was known to be on that cutting edge during th late 80's and early 90's (even got written up in Cleveland Magazine...:>) ).

I have done a lot of work to maintain separate signal paths for a dedicated 2 channel, 5.1 channel hirez music surround and 7.1 channel movie surround (110 inch hidef since '99) system. About 75% of my listening now is dedicated 2 channel.

Don Better is a great guy and great resource. As all others die off (Hoffmans, then Golden Grampohone, now Audio Craft is weakening to the point of irrelevance, and Audio Visions is catering to "drop in" hoem theater. Don Better is ramping up his high-end busioness even more, with new lines like Basis, ARC and Quad in the past few months. I'm buying a Nottingham vinyl setup from him very soon.

Here's my gallery at Audio Circle (gives you a little look at my past few equipment moves, etc.).

my gallery

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this! I'd love to hook up.

Ted
Hi,
Don't know if anyone in Northern Ohio will see this (more than a year since the last post) I am planning on driving up to the Detroit area for the http://www.akfest.com/ on May 3 and 4.
There is a good lineup of exhibitors.
Would like to hear from any 2 channel folks that have any interest in attending.

My setup is :
Melody I2A3 & Ultra Fi Sebring 300b
Zu Druid
AMR CD-77

Take care, Ted
Yes we have a few active Cleve area folks in our "Ears and Beers" club and I know myself and another guy who may want to attend but my problem is I am disabled and I dont drive so I am pretty much dead weight. I will try to contact you via email, cheers
When & where does the Ear's & Beers group meet ? I'm new to the Cleveland area-recently moved here from Erie, PA and would like to meet some of the local hifi gang.