Sacramento, California

We have a variety of systems built around both planar and coil speakers. We are helpful, friendly, and informal. Please feel free to email me if interested.
muralman1
Where is everyone?
Hey Muralman1, anything happening in Sac? I'm here in Elk Grove venturing out into the audiophile world. Got a lot of work to do but starting out with an Ayon Triton (still in a box).
Hey Deltatrippers. Are you a river guide? There was a lot of interest when things started. To answer your question, there are just three of us who are still in communication.

The Ayon is a gorgeous amp, and reviewers like it a lot. What speakers are you going to use?

Drop me a private message if you care to discuss things over the phone.
Back in my 'trippin' days I'd frequent the delta hangouts. Gotta change that dumb name.
As for my plunge into the audiophile world, here's what I did. Instead of building a system around speakers which I think is what most do, I impulsively bought the Ayon Triton. So much for researching and then buying wisely. Anyway, my wife and I later fell in love with Revel Ultima Salon 2 speakers. Oops...the Triton isn't powerful enough to drive those. Now we're looking at Verity Parsifal Ovations. I have to take care of some other business before I decide on speakers so I have time to research and NOT buy impulsively. But we'll see.
Muralman1, I'll drop you a line when I have time. Thanks for the offer.
Since you are building a system that includes perhaps large floor standing full range speakers, tube amps are not going to push them to loud levels. The review from Stereophile for the Salon 2 is very positive.

You might want to visit my house in Sacramento. I have amps and gear no-one would consider since of all my components only the transport and DAC can be found in brick stores.