Burlington, VT - Any interest in starting a club?

I've always been curious about how many Agon visitors are in Vermont. That said, who are you, where are you, and would you be interested in starting a local audiophile society? It can make this hobby a hell of a lot more fun. And hey, we've even been blessed with a new hifi shop (on Church St).

Cheers,

Neil
128x128lneilb
Hi Eric;

Yes, I'd be interested. There are not many audiophiles in this area so getting to no others is a good thing. Hopefully we can find others that are interested. I'm down in Brattleboro.

Jeff
Hi Eric,

I am across the lake in the Adirondacks an hour or so away near Lake Placid. I have an interest in analog but my first love is live music. I would suggest we try and meet four times a year and inconjunction attend a concert, Burlington is a good central place to meet? Why don't you email back all the people that responded and see what they think ?

Best
Joseph

Groovey Records
My audiophile cousin on LI just directed me to your message here! A little late perhaps, but maybe still relevant. My name is Bryan, and I live in South Burlington, VT. Somewhat of an audiophile/musician, but growing all the time (ebay and Audiogon keep me busy). Right now I've got two pretty hi-end separates systems--one with Rotel and B&W components, and the other with Odyssey/McCormack/Kef, but changing (getting more expensive that is) all the time. A little audio rave in northern VT? I'd have to say yes! Still interested?
I'm game. I have been working too much over the last three years - have had no time to liten, never mind dedicate time to meet. But my schedule is opening up, so I'd love to revisit this.

Rather than rely on replies to this thread (since it has generated little interest over the years), it might make sense to employ word of mouth to try and find a large enough group to make it interesting. I know a couple of audiophiles in Chittenden county. Maybe they also know a few more.

The next challenge is picking a time that will work for all...
Hey Stunt Hunt,

I am still running a pretty modest system. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on a Atma-sphere system I thought about getting into live music with my family.
I went out and bought a piano, a bunch of guitars and a bass, some drums, boutique tube amps and cabinets and some minor recording equipment that I've decided not to let distract me from playing live music. I am having a ball.

Most of my system was state of the art in 85 but now I'd still like to have a Atma-Sphere OTL amp pair and a really good pre but it's going to have to wait.

I just dropped another 10k this month for a 60's telecaster, a TopHat Emplexador, a 1960 Marshall 4x12 cabinet and some Vintage analog effects. I've got my eye out for a Leslie cab too. High end audio has gotten to be to me an excercise in futility. My sound from my system fills my room well but the sound in my head always sounds better.

I am in Keene, New York across the lake, I get into Burlington more often in the spring and summer maybe we could look to put something together for April or May

I bought a RCM, a new really good Maestro MM cartridge and continue to buy and sell Vinyl on line. http://stores.ebay.com/GROOVEY-RECORDS

Check it out

Groovey Records

Listening to The Clash- White Riot