Burlington, VT - Any interest in starting a club?

I've always been curious about how many Agon visitors are in Vermont. That said, who are you, where are you, and would you be interested in starting a local audiophile society? It can make this hobby a hell of a lot more fun. And hey, we've even been blessed with a new hifi shop (on Church St).

Cheers,

Neil
128x128lneilb
I noticed that... I saw a classified ad on audiogon from that shop a few days ago. There used to be another one run by Chris Dowling (Sound Essentials), but that's apparently closed. I still managed to buy a pair of speakers from him while he was open. I'm in Thetford, VT - 1.5 hours south of you, so a little too far, but it would be nice to see some activity - ANY activity up this way.
Last time i talked to Chris he was still in business. He's downsized now to a small shop working only a few hrs a week. I'm in Swanton, about 35 to 40 mins north of Burlington. What's the name of the new store on Church St. ? And where exactly is this store located at ? I think an audio club is a great idea. Winter is too damn long up here.
hi, i am a long way from burlington but i am there often, my 2 kids go to school there. i now live in so. vt newfane. i got into this hobby back in the 70's when audio den was on dorset street. i lived in burlington for 8 years. just a wonderful store for hi end audio. the owner name was bob, great guy and a great store. i was very sad when he closed. back in the 70's and 80's, it was one of the best hi end stores in the north east. i always said, "in bob's ears i have trust". the good thing is i still have the same interest in audio today. thanks bob. ralph carnevale
Hello, all!

Chris Dowling moved to Chicago and gave up the shop for a real job :)
A friend of his (with his help) is carrying some of the same lines, along with some new ones - Omega, JMLab and RedRose speakers, Audio Refinement, Thule and Jolida electronics. The store atmosphere is wonderful! It's at the very top of Church St. in Richardson Place. www.audiosolutions.biz
It would be nice to see a hifi shop survive in VT. I moved here just after Audio Den closed, so I missed out.
In any event, I was thinking about a once per month meeting to start, to make things easy for those a bit further away. Weekends might be a good idea as well, to allow for travel time.
Any suggestions? This could be successful if it's implemented in a way that works for the majority of those in the area.

Cheers!

Neil