Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
This post I admit great reminds me of posting your personal status on Facebook. I also admit that development crew here finally did a great job on forums and on the rest of Audiogon. 
I'm now spinning Harry Connick JR "20". Great solo piano, great recording that sounds very near live.
This post I admit great reminds me of posting your personal status on Facebook.
Good point, czarivey. I usually try to add some commentary as you did so well in your last post. Let me do so now...

Elizabeth Maconchy, String Quartet no. 5 (1948) played by the Allegri Quartet. Another gem from Argo (ZRG 5329, originally recorded in 1963). Recordings of Maconchy's music were never plentiful in the vinyl era. Finding one on LP is like discovering a delightful treasure. If you enjoy Bartok's string quartets, you'll enjoy Elizabeth Maconchy. She is English, her teacher was Vaughan Williams, and her music reflects this heritage while being delightfully dissonant and challenging.

Miles Davis - Milestones - the half-speed mastering of this recording by the Mobile Fidelity team gives us a slab of mono goodness that is close to perfection.

Prokofiev - Alexander Nevsky - okay, I'm a believer in the new Analogue Productions reissues. This reissue of the Alexander Nevsky has the authority, bass impact and overall conviction that is needed for this performance. 

Bardo Pond / Peri

Grateful Dead / Reckoning

Phish / Story of the ghost

REM / Document

Bob Dylan / Bootleg
I was surprised by how much I've enjoyed listening tonight to Dylan's Modern Times, Columbia 82876 87606. The recording quality was far better than I was expecting - nicely mastered and pressed, too. 
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Bob-Dylan-Modern-Times-180g-2LP/productinfo/SONLP60611/

Modern Times is without question one of Dylan’s best albums. In every way, lyrically, musically, voice, what have you. I wish I had the LP since the CD is aggressively compressed, dynamic range wise.  I am not a happy camper about it, either.