Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Oregonpapa,,
You have me confused with Ca3713 comments regarding the Quantum chips. I've never  used them. Hi Ca,l,  skepticism is a legitimate  reaction to unusual  products. I have no opinion on the  various chips. I can only attest  to the improvement via the SR Red fuses.

Audiolabyrinth,
Thanks much for your observations regarding  various screws and AC wall receptacle mounting.
All reports seem to  confirm that the  Oyaide WPC-Z is a very effective wall plate. So I'll go that route. 
Charles,
Charles ...

Yes, I reread the guilty post and realized my mistake. So sorry. Do you think it may have had anything to do with the WA chip I pasted to my forehead? :>)

The Oyaide is an excellent choice, Charles. I was using another "hospital" grade outlet before I installed the Oyaide. The improvement was not subtle at all. It provided a major reduction in grain, a more silent background and more inner detail. 

Does anyone have a good idea on how the WA Quantum chips work? I don't think it has anything to do with reducing the micro vibrations of the fuse itself .... or does it??

Audiolabyrinth ... Thank you for your complement.  I really enjoy writing about these tweaks, especially when they are as mind blowing as these SR products. I love the fact that for the cost of a hundred dollar fuse, a stereo system can be transformed for the better. I can hardly wait to put the two required fuses and WA chips in the CD player. Should be really mind boggling. 

Stay tuned ...

Unless I miss my guess the active ingredient is rather like the active ingredient in the quantum chip I designed, the Super Intelligent Chip. But I've never actually looked inside one of the WA Quantum Chips. Quantum mechanics joke.
Oregonpapa:
I think the "RED" fuses give the most significant change in the system of the various devices we have discussed.

The Synergistic Research ECT's  (for me ) reduce grain and hash. When the right locations are found, the sound becomes better focussed but still is full bodied. My Sacd player, and three amps each like about 7 ECT's installed. It is trial and error where to place but the change is immediate whether it is a good spot or a bad spot. For me they really have let me fine focus the systems.

Nobody has published how the WA Quantum Chips work, but they do affect the sound. Not universally for the better.

Interestingly they even work on acoustic instruments. I know because I bought the music instrument chip for my son. He is an all state high school viola player!  He, his instructor and myself could all hear a change. "The viola had more presence".  I liked the sense of "more" . My son did not.