Speakers that are very accurate sounding but don't produce an emotional connection.

I have listened to a few speakers over the years that impressed me with their accuracy and presentation of the music, but just did not create an emotional response or connection. I have often wondered what that quality is in some speakers that produce an emotional connection with the listener. This quality has been identified by audiophiles, as "magical", "engaging"  "just right"  "euphonic"  "natural"  "true to life". " "satisfying"  "musical"....  I am sure there are at least 50  other  adjectives that could describe this "quality" of  sound . 

Considering the various aspects  of achieving  good and accurate sound by component synergy, is there a way to explain this so-called magical element that often eludes so many of us??.  I don't think such a feeling is temporal, conditioned by personal moods, or the phases of the moon or sun.  

Like to hear from members who have given some thought to the same issue.    Thanks,  Jim   

BTW, I know the thread is a bit out there, but  I don't think the topic is pointlessly pursuing the genie in the bottle. 

sunnyjim
The Rectilinear speakers have been mentioned a few times in this thread. I relative has had a pair now for 40 plus years. First time I heard them, after helping lugging them into an apartment, I was blown away- they were that good . 

Heard them again a month ago- folks, speakers have gotten a lot better since the hey day of the Rectlinear. 
@gpgr4blu The Dealer I mentioned is Tivoli Hifi in my neck of the woods. The Dealer has 30 years experience and chooses good staff. Their main room is well sorted from my limited experience with room acoustics, and the night I heard the speakers was a special buying night for members of Stereo.net.au forum with a wine merchant doing wine tasting, so every effort was put into setting up the speakers properly. I think on the balance of probabilities, given two auditions, my findings are probably not going to change much. Remember, we all hear things differently and all have our own tastes/preferences.

It is clear to me you like fast, open speakers with warm, liquid sound and a holographic soundstage. From what i've read, the new Magico S5mk2 & S7 have lighter, stiffer, faster drivers, much higher quality and more powerful magnets, better materials, better cabinet design & better crossover. Paired with tube-like ss amps such as Vitus Signature series or Pass XA.8/XS series, or CJ Art/Gat or Absolaire tubes you could find the sound you like out of Magico. I haven't found a sound I like yet out of Wilson, but never say never they say.
Hello melbguy1

Did you hear TAD Compact Reference One and/or TAD Evolution One versus your Magico S5.

I heard Magico S5 last week with Zanden power, 2 X 90 W tubes and found it beautiful, especially very open, lots of detail and not harsh, but also a liitle weak at the bottom.
Heard S5 before and then there was much more low-end, even a little too much for my tastes. 
Indeed careful setup with electronics and room is highly recommended to reach audio nirvana.

So I think Magico and also TAD can accomodate listeners with very accurate sound, which however both can be too clinical for some.
I heard Magico V3 with all Spectral gear and while it was sounding very correct it left me cold as it was.

Sequence, I heard the Tad Evolution One speakers at the Melbourne Hifi Show and found the top end etched and bright. I can’t remember which amps they were partnered with, but I recall thinking the S5’s sounded a lot nicer with the caveat I have not heard the Tad CR One, nor heard those speakers in a familiar room with familar amps.

To me though, TAD is similar to Revel being the high end arm of a multi-national, broad-based company. TAD being owned by Pioneer, and Revel by Harmon. Is something lost when you have to answer to a boss in a corporate office 6000+ miles away? I don’t know.

The only tube amps i’ve heard pair well with the S5’s are Absolare & the CJ Gat & Art amps which both have solid drive. Though i’d love to hear how the Einstein or VTL mono's sound with the S5's. I think the Zanden amps would lack a bit of current to drive them to their full potential. My favorite gear for synergy as everyone knows is Vitus Sig series. I think Spectral and Devaliet are bad choices with Magico imho.
Hi melbguy1,

Thanks. As the technology of the S7 is incorporated in the new S5 MK2
they should sound wonderful!