I'm considering used Vandersteen Quatro

They'll go into a room that is 13 x 21 x 8.5 ft.
Driven by a Prima Luna Classic.
They have a sn about 1900, I don't know what that says about their age.
I'll audition them with my gear on Saturday.

I'd appreciate any tips.
Thanks
jetson
According to PL, you need separates - there is no way to install the HP crossover.

They also said that changing to KT-120 will not help the Arro with the bass; simply too small a woofer.

As noted above there are a few PL users with Quatro so there must be a different way - which Richard Vandersteen noted in his answers.  I'm sure John at Audio Connection already knows and we'll see on Saturday.
I would actually audition the Vandersteen 2Ce Sig II’s before you move up the line to the newer speakers (e.g. Treo). It should be a relatively easy load to drive, much easier than the 3A Sig (which I own). The 2Ce Sig II’s dig fairly deep into the lower octaves and don’t have the need for a crossover. However all Vandersteen speakers are made for biwiring and the barrier strip requires spades less than 0.5 in wide, so you may need to reterminate your current speaker wire for best connection.

One other thing to mention - if you decide to purchase Vandersteen speakers, follow one of the speaker placement methods outlined in the manual. Read it carefully and make sure that measurements are exact. You will be rewarded immensely with your patience.
Jetson, 90 dB is not very loud for peaks, but if that is an average loudness then it is fairly loud.  Given the type of music you mentioned, and assuming 90 dB was the highest level measured, then you don't listen too loud.  That's good for your hearing and requires significantly less power.  Even at those levels, though, more power would be beneficial.  I think the Prima Luna would work initially, power wise, but more power and a separate amp would be better for the Quatro's.  Given that Prima Luna has said the filters won't work then you have many options to consider.  Yage's advice on the 2Ce is good.  Personally, I like Vandersteen speakers.  I started with 2Ci, then 3A Signature, now Model 5.  It all depends on your listening biases.  Choosing speakers is a daunting task, so many options.  If you like the Prima Luna, I'm sure there are many high quality speakers that will work with it.  Good luck!
yage: Thanks for the heads up on the cable terminations if I go that route. I think that’s a good idea. It’s less expensive, leaving room for upgrades, and I see what you mean graphically on the impedance curves.

I have two concern with the signature models. My concern with the Signature Vandersteen models is that they have rear facing subs. The speakers front will be about 30" from the wall.

See the attached picture of my Totem’s with the Micron Carats on top. Aside from the loveseat issue, you’ll note that I have a radiator convector behind the left speaker.

The other concern I have is that they’re 16" wide and 10" deep as compared to 10" wide and 16" or 19" deep. I don't know if they'll fit as well and i expect my wife will be less pleased. Although, after putting up with me since 1988, she still lets me have my way - sometimes.

I like the PL except for the power issue.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/jamestwilson/Living%20Room1.jpg