I'm considering used Vandersteen Quatro

They'll go into a room that is 13 x 21 x 8.5 ft.
Driven by a Prima Luna Classic.
They have a sn about 1900, I don't know what that says about their age.
I'll audition them with my gear on Saturday.

I'd appreciate any tips.
Thanks
jetson
The Quatro's are wonderful speakers, but I'm not familiar with the Prima Luna Classic.  I did a quick search and now assume it is an integrated amp with 35 - 40 WPC (depending on tubes used), correct?  If so it is probably not a good match.  First, the Quattro must use a high pass filter, either between the amp and preamp or built in to the preamp.  As far as I could tell the Prima Luna does not offer preamp out/amp in connections nor does it appear to have a built in high pass crossover.  I could be wrong, but it is important!  Second, 35 - 40 WPC is definitely on the low side for these speakers.  Your room size is on the small to medium size so that is good, but what type of music and how loud you listen to it will be the determinant for power.

pmotz, thanks. Yes it's 35-44 W depending on tubes. The quatro manual says 30-200W into 8 Ohms required. I plan on upgrading the amp before too long.  What's loud? Last night I listened to Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, Buddy Guy, Lenny Kravitz, and Kodo (Japanese Drums) at different volumes I typically play. I measured up to about 90 dB.  Is that loud?

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the crossover, I spoke with John this morning and he talked about setting up the 100 Hz filter. I didn't know what he was talking about at the time and figured I would ask on Saturday. I just looked at the manual though and see what you refer to.  I read on Vandersteen's "Ask Richard" section that he answered a lot of questions on his site about integration with PL.

I sent an email with a link to the quatro manual to PL to see what they say.

Other speakers I'm thinking of are on the "A little help" thread.  Thanks again for your help.

According to PL, you need separates - there is no way to install the HP crossover.

They also said that changing to KT-120 will not help the Arro with the bass; simply too small a woofer.

As noted above there are a few PL users with Quatro so there must be a different way - which Richard Vandersteen noted in his answers.  I'm sure John at Audio Connection already knows and we'll see on Saturday.