What vintage speaker might you use today

Like to find out what "vintage speakers" members would/might use in their current audio set-up

Do you think what made them special was the synergy between them and the amp used, or just the fact they were well designed and performed way above their price tag.??
sunnyjim
Quad ESL. I had a pair of bronze in the 80s and sold them. I was never happy with what I'd lost - that spotless window to the music My current black pair are outstanding.
My bedroom system uses a pair of (modded) hafler 300 speakers (http://www.hafler.com/pdf/archive/Model_300_speaker_man.pdf) and in my living room I have a pair of Ryan Acoustics MCL-3. Both circa 1980's I believe.
I'm very happy with both.
in my music room on the other hand I have 2015 speakers :-)

I'm using a pair of circa 1989 Klipsch Chorus II's as my everyday main speakers.  I found a mint pair in oiled oak on craigslist a few years ago, and refurbished them with new crossovers and horn diaphragms.

They might not be the most "accurate" speakers ever made, but they do some things amazingly well.  Great speaker for classic rock, and big band music on vinyl sounds amazing.

Vintage gear is good for nostalgia trips and the audiophile on a lower budget (in fact, very good for them), but not great for building superior audio systems. 

But are they appropriate for people who aren't building extreme or superior audio systems, but instead want to listen to music?  Ancient loudspeaker theorists would argue YES!!!