Michigan - Any Interest?

If you are a Audiophile or Audio Enthusiasts in Michigan, leave a post stating your location, whereby those in your area can contact you if desired.

This hobby is more fun with others to share and compare with!

I live near Kalamazoo, which is a little less than an hour south of Grand Rapids.
brianmgrarcom
You gentlmen are making me self-conscious about my old and slightly updated system. Granted, it is not 'Hi' HiFi, just what I would call 'Mid' HiFi. Still, it sounds great to me and I guess that is the most important thing. We need to plan a meeting between Detroit and Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo.

What does everyone think about that?

Dave
The 1st meeting of the Mid-Michigan Audio Club will be held on October 26th starting at 1:30 PM and spouses/significant others are also invited. This meeting will be informal, but people are welcome to bring music and Audio magazines to share, and equipment if they want others to take a look at it (speakers would be the most interesting - if possible). This will be a chance to meet, listen to music and talk about audio related topics.

The meeting will be held at my house, since I seem to be located in between Detroit suburbs, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and other locations. I will have hamburgers and hot dogs for the grill as well as pop (non-diet) - let me know if anybody wants diet pop. As soon as you email you interest, I will send out directions and a map.

This should be an enjoyable day for all.

Our home stereo is an eclectic mix of old and new equipment. Our speakers are probably the most unique part of it all - a set of Royd Doublets. Royd is a small cottage speaker manufacturer from Surrey England. All of his speakers are hand built and tuned. These speakers are known for speed and accuracy. It will be interesting to see what others think of them.

David Slomczynski
Fmpnd - I live in Highland, just north of Milford. I see you have an Audio Aero CD player. I do you like it? I currently have a Panasonic RP-91 DVD-A player and have thought about purchasing a redbook player, but wonder what real difference I will hear. Your thoughts would be appreciated. My system consists of Sonus Faber Amatis, KEF 200C Center(when Sonus Faber comes out with a high end center, it's mine!), Diva Swan surrounds(both mid and rear channels), Arial SW12 and Velodyne FSX12 subs, Lexicon MC12 processor, Krell KAV-3250 mains/center and B&K AV5000 for surrounds, PS Audio P300 Powerplant, Mitsi 65" HDTV(with Richard Grey poweer conditioner), misc ic's and speaker cables. Look forward to hearing from you.
This is the last announcement for the Mid-Michigan Audio Society on Oct 26th in Okemos, MI at 1:30 PM. If interested email me and I will send you the directions to my house. This will be an informal meeting and will revolve around socializing with fellow audiophiles, determining how we want this club to develop, and of course, listening to music. I have an extra set of Monster Cable XL set up with banana plugs, so if you want to let others hear your speakers, just let me know.

Dave
Even though we had a small group, the 1st meeting of the Mid-Michigan Audio Society was a success. I want to thank all the people who came - you made it really a wonderful experience.

Now, we need to plan our next meeting - where do we want to hold it?

Dave