Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
Hello I live in dayton .I am an ex new yorker that has taken my audiophile addiction to the midwest I own over 7000 lps and my system consists of My lp12 linn sondek with all linn mods including an ekos tonarm.I just purchased a Lyra Skala and love it!
Ky preamp is the top of the line Bat51se tubed the Bat 75se amp all feeding my Virgo 3 speakes Lets get together I have a small group here in dayton you could join us too for a listening session
harvey kushner
937-312-1009
This is typical Cinti. Bunch of well meaning folks who can't quite get on the same wavelength. Can you say the "Banks". :>) It is amazing this thread has gone on this long. The first time I have seen it.

I did e-mail Tom, "Ruebent", to say hello when one of his thread replies included a mention of "Tall Stacks". Nice guy. He mentioned his desire to pull audio lovers together from in the area, but I would imagine Tom is like most of us, fighting to find time to sit and listen for ourselves, never mind organize a club.

I have also been the Audible Elegance route. Lou is more than a little testy, but he hears like I do (old?), so the recommendatios have worked out. Mark is very different and very easy to deal with.

I started with (and still have) a pretty much out of the box system. Arcam Alpha 10 and Castle Towers from one of their scratch and dent sales. Have MG 1.6's (new), another Arcam amp and pre, and Alpha 9 and CD23 players (used from agon).

As you can see, pretty 1 dimensional in experience. It would be fun and educational to hear systems that build on a different concept. If it ever gets started include me in.

Cheers and Happy Holidays from the Queen City.

Jim Still
Hey Cincinnati People,

I can't go and call myself a real "audiophile" yet, because I haven't reached the $1000 mark in total investment. That has to be a criterion, right? So I'll say I'm an appreciator of high quality sound with discerning tastes. I don't think I've ever heard a true high-end setup, but I'm really happy with what I have right now. I'm hoping someone on this thread can direct to a place local to downtown Cincy where I can hear some good equipment.

I'm 24 and I moved here about a year ago, so I'm probably not as hardcore about the Bengals, Reds, or Skyline Chili as your average Cincinnatian, but I'm learning.

Anyway, thanks for putting this thread together.

-Dusty
Jim, Dusty

Yeah..its been kind of slow to take off..but a couple of us do meet pretty regularly. Send me an email privately and I will add you to my mailing list. I am actually having 3-5 people over this weekend for a bit of listening. I've only met one of them before. Of the others, one is fomr this thread, and the other three are firnads of a friend form Dayton. Let' see who shows up for real...Not sure how many is too many yet. My listening room is large enough...but of course there is only one sweet spot! My selfish plan this weekend is to compare two transports (my old Muse 9 Signature vs the new North Star modified by Aberdeen Components), and to compare a couple of cables (Purist Dominus vs Kimber Orchid) on the North Star. However, I am sure we will end up spinning some vinyl as well...

AlexC
Dusty,
Welcome to the Queen City. Hope you find happiness and prosperity here. Earlier in the thread, people have listed the local audio shops, and the shops they are willing to drive to in Indy, Columbus, etc. I don't know of anything downtown.

I don't think the cost of your system is the measure of an "Audiophile". It is the love of music and a desire to improve the playback system to enhance your enjoyment (or something like that?).

AlexC,
Thank you for the invitation to join the mailing list. Very kind! I will forward you a private e-mail. It would be an honor to be included.

I do not have an e-mail account set up at home, just at work (the spam filters at work are very good), but will send something first thing Monday.

Hope you have a nice session this weekend!

Best Regards,
Jim S.