Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
I agree with Musikdok and Kriek on Audible Elegance. I felt a bit slighted by them. In 1994 I was looking for my 1st real audio equipment. The only guidance I had at the time were audio magazines and the folks over at Audible Elegance and some other Cincinnati stores which now escapes me. At the time, I only knew enough to know that Bose Accoustimass was not the best thing on the face of this planet. They led me to a pair of Thiel SCS's and eventually an Audiolab 8000A to drive them a few weeks later. As alot of people know about Thiel, they are usually very hard to drive. This was particularly the case with the SCS's. Its obvious that the 8000A was not the best match. Even though I bought them at demo prices, for the money I could have gotten a more optimal match. As customers we partly rely on advice from high end dealers to guide us. I wouldn't mind getting this kind of advice from a place like "Ovation". They simply don't know better. But, a place like Audible Elegance does! At the expense of looking naive, I felt it would be good for folks in the Cincinnati area to get a feel for the type of people who work at Audible Elegance and what you should expect based on my experience.
Alexc, I Live in No. KY (Cold Spring). Call me at 442-9981 Current line up is krell transport, theta d / a, reference line passive pre, krell amp, ml quest speakers. Lost internet use at "work". E-mail is [email protected] I would like to see / hear other systems for comparison / discussion. So long for now.
Hi I live in Dayton{yuck}.The land of bose and polk >I am an x-New Yorker Thats where i got my first taste of Hi End
Harvey Kushner
As another fellow Audiophile from Cinci,I too have had experience with Lou and company at Audible Elegance. In all fairness, they have treated me well and have given me advice that I found useful. Don't look for any good deal though, everything is full MSRP. While not my favorite store, I do like having them in town so I buy from them accordingly.

I also visit Progressive in Columbus. I try to purchase from the dealer who helped me with most with each purchase or who has the equipment I need.

If anyone is considering starting a Local Club it please contact me as I would be interested.

Wow great to here there are other audiophiles in cincy I live in Columbia Tusculum area and would love to here from other audio nuts any time .I have 3 systems in My house the big rig has Basis 2001 TT, Graham 1.5T, arm Benz Ruby, AI mod 3A ,Alon 5's , VTL 125 mono block's ,Theta Jade transport, Theta DS pro basic 3 D/A, e-mail Me at [[email protected]] yes I would like to form a club or get a informal group going some time