Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc

Showing 15 responses by lake513

I should be able to make it up to Dayton do you have any directions I will be coming from Northern Kentucky. Marc ----- lake513 ------
Wow great to here there are other audiophiles in cincy I live in Columbia Tusculum area and would love to here from other audio nuts any time .I have 3 systems in My house the big rig has Basis 2001 TT, Graham 1.5T, arm Benz Ruby, AI mod 3A ,Alon 5's , VTL 125 mono block's ,Theta Jade transport, Theta DS pro basic 3 D/A, e-mail Me at [[email protected]] yes I would like to form a club or get a informal group going some time
ok so there are a few of us nut's here any body want to get it started? lets meet at a public place for drinks or coffee how about it?
Hey all you Cincinnati audiophiles I have just posted a update to My system in virtual systems under opinions wanted [ lake513- my escape ] check it out and tell Me what you think.I will be adding more pic's later today if I get a chance.
Hi Tom; This is Marc Neil and I would sure come by for some music just post a day when you are ready. Thanks for the offer
Tom; Thanks for a great time on this last Sundays meeting your system sounds great . We had a very good group of people and some new people what a lot of fun . I had a good time talking to old friends and meeting new ones talking audio and a few other things ! I always learn something new at a meeting like this and new music to explore thanks. Marc
Hi club members I am in the planning stages for a get together in late Jan or early Feb. I may have a few surprises [ new toys ] in my system by then just a hint for you to think about. As always club members are welcome to email me to come by just about anytime for some music so if you find yourself with some free time email me . Happy holidays to all and your families we have so much to be thankful for and the great friends I have had the chance to get to know. I look forward to many more meetings and to get to know more of you and more friendships. Marc
Hello everybody; I hope the holidays were wonderful for you and your family's The time has come for Me to host a meeting I am looking at 2 dates the 25 of January and the 8 of February . The starting time would be about 1:00 PM and go till whenever ? . I would be able to handle about 12 or 14 people in My home at any one time . I would be happy to host on both dates if there is enough interest and I get too many for one date. I have almost no parking at My home so car pooling would help or walk a little bit to My house from nearby street. So send Me a e mail and let me know your interest and what day . I will respond back to each of you as a master e mail list has been lost. My e mail is [email protected] lake513 on Audiogon --- -- Please members only okay----- and as always members are always welcome for mini visits just call or e mail me
Hello Club Members; I wish to thank those of you who were brave enough to venture out in the snow yesterday to come to My get together. I enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones . I wish I could of spent a little more time talking to each of you but am sure future meeting's will take care of that and new friendships will develop . I also wish to remind everyone that I will host part two of the meeting on Sunday February 8 at 1 PM till for those of you who were unable to make the January 25 meeting. Again I thank all who attended and encourage mini visits as our busy schedules permit. Marc
I again wish to thank all the Cincinnati Audio Club members who came to my meeting [ part 2 ] we had a great group of people. I have a special thanks for Bob and Tom for helping get our e mail list back together and adding a few new people it's just great finding people that share the passion of music. I look forward to the next meeting to further new friendships , I learn so much at each meeting new music , ideas and new friends thanks to all. I hope to see all of you in little mini meeting or at the next big meeting sometime soon. Thanks everybody for a great time............. Marc............ Till next time........
Oh Harvey ; Yes I love analog but not all digital " Sucks " a few of us have very high end digital CDP 's or computer based systems that are right at the cutting edge of what is possible in digital. Yes I like analog and some of us also have some very high end analog systems and some have both digital and analog , but what we all have in common is a love of music analog or digital . There is a place for both and the state of computer based digital is moving very fast. We are lucky here in Cincinnati to have 2 people who are advancing the state of the art in computer digital playback with Larry Moore of Ultra Fi and Gordon of Wavelenght Audio the DAC'S from both these people are different but both are light years ahead of what was possible just a year ago I would say call Larry of Ultra Fi to find out what is possible with digital today it has come a long way maybe not as good as a state of the art analog system but very musical . The ability to to jump to any song with remote control makes it easy to rediscover old music and maybe just maybe listen to more music . After all music is what we are all in this hobby for and some music will never be on records and some will never be in a digital format we need both formats , music is life. Marc
Well Hello Everybody hope the summer was good to you all and your family . I see a few of us have had mini meetings - thats good - and I have just had a small one myself. Tom Collins, Ed morris and Bill Sullander were over today , Bill came with his deHavilland GM70 amps and The Running Springs Audio Dmitri power conditioner -DAMN DAMN DAMN that darn power conditioner . That RSA Dmitri made the biggest improvement in My system I have ever heard with any eq. change WOW , we all sat in disbelief and awe at the seeming power increase, deeper solid bass , blacker background , larger soundstage ,dynamics we could find no flaws with it just more musical in every way. We switched amps back and forth a few times and I will have the amps and the RSA Demitri till next Sunday so I will be doing more testing this week but damn that Demitri sounds good real good. Bill also changed the output tube in his amps [ GM 70 tubes ] to a copper plate the best his amps have ever sounded and not by a small margin . I still want to try a solid state amp in my system [ stereo or mono blocks ] bring a bi wire speaker cable along also to see what a good SS amp will sound like . Hey guys just drop me a email or call if you have some time for a listen or bring a amp along for some fun
Hi audio club members I have a new email and phone number just follow the link on audiogon and send me a email. I will respond back with my new email and phone number thanks all. I have been out of the loop for a long time and look forward to being more active again . I am now looking for a new amp so no music right now but hope to get one soon . Thanks Marc
Guys ; My long search for a amp has come to a end I now own a NAT SE2SE mono block SET amp with a pair of 211 tubes in a push pull circuit. The amps put out 70 watts a channel quite a change from the UltraFi 's with 18 watts per channel .My speakers now have the power they have needed for so long.The UltraFi's were a wonderful amp but just did not have the power my speakers needed I still have the SET magic, beautiful sound staging , transparency and a bottom end that kicks ass .Anybody have a quad of GE 211 tubes I could try for a short term loan ? Now I can start dreaming about a preamp next year maybe at the top of the list is the coincident statement line stage anybody have a used one for a cheep price LOL . I can dream can't I
Hi to all my Cincinnati audio buddies I have changed a few things in my system. I have a new to me lightly used Dynavector cartridge XX2 MK2 . I also sold my Audible Illusions pre amp and replaced it with a lightly used Aesthetix Rhea phono stage thanks Scott. I now have a passive pre amp the Warpspeed optocoupler this thing is beautiful and sounds great. The power amp was replaced a few months back with a NAT SE2SE a SET with 211 tubes and 70 watts a channel . I guess you can see a lot of changes in my system the last few months . I still have a few tubes i want to try in the Rhea but for now just enjoying the sound a lot. I am going to mount the new cartridge this weekend now using a dynavector 17D MK2 but that will be my backup along with my old Benz Ruby . The Ruby will be sent to soundsmith for a rebuild soon maybe a spare arm tube for my Graham so I can switch cartridges without much work. I guess about the only things I did not change is cables , speakers ,arm and turntable and no plans to change them now ! i just want to enjoy the music now the Warpspeed is awesome a passive just works in my system .The Audible Illusions served me well for 18 years but now i see it was holding me back and the power amp with 70 watts is letting my speakers sing like never before.The Lukachek T9 phono pre I had was and is a good phono pre but the Rhea is great brings me much closer to the music. The computer music is getting a lot less use now but fine for back round music when doing other things or for music i don't have on vinyl . Well thats all for now just need more time to play records. I wish to thank Scott , Ed and Tom for input on the changes and setup and letting me try some of there eq in my system.