Most overrated audio manufacturers?

Thoughts?
lse
I'd submit that when a manufacturer rates their gear at a certain level of performance, and the gear does not deliver, then they are over rating it.
Dweller, I think that "performance at half the price" is only part of the equation in a value rating system. It's in the nature of our free enterprise system that someone is always trying to deliver a better mousetrap for a lower price. Often, they succeed in the beginning. The history of the high end is a long list of companies that offered good sounding products but ultimately failed because they underestimated expenses and couldn't grow their business past a certain threshold. There are so many "high value" audio products that are shoestring operations run by one guy and little more. You bet that business model can initially undercut the pricing of Audio Research, Conrad-Johnson and other established players. Good luck trying to get replacement parts and service ten years from now though. Maybe that doesn't matter to some consumers but it does to others.
1. Atma-sphere
Amps that are suitable with 5% of all speaker systems.

2. Merlin speakers
Blah, really boring

3. Synergetic cables
Fat ted is all show and no go

4. Koetsu cartridges
Really?

5. Machina Dynamica
Everything is PT Barnum stupid
Runnin: So you're saying that a manufacturer should buy ad space and say "buy my stuff because it's so ordinary."?