Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
I said "followed", not "followed by"! I had to watch them bring pie after pie from the kitchen while I ate lunch. They all looked insane; but strawberry rhubarb is one of my faves, and not a lot of places known for pie have it. I live down the road from The Rock Springs Cafe, THE place for pie in the Phoenix area, a folksy old restaurant that pushes pie out the door in epidemic proportions, and Harry's Roadhouse had them beat hands down across the board. Rock Springs does have a bourbon apple pie that is far and away the best pie they produce, and this pie could sit on the cooling rack next to Harry's pies and not be too embarrassed, I suppose. You have to special order it though, so it's not available by the slice, which is a crime.
Have to add a new burger place to my list.
Ultimate Burger in Kona, Hawaii.
1/3 pound organic beef patties. Local grown beef, I would assume Parker Ranch beef.
Local baked buns, local grown tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. Topped with blue cheese and homemade aioli type sauce, had to add bacon.
Probably tied for #1 on my previous list with Betty Burgers in Capitola, Ca.
Just had a 5 Guys dog for lunch.

Yum!

Their burgers are good too.

I hear the Big Kahuna is the best.
I've come to the conclusion that the best dog in the Phoenix area is the one at Delux. I've had the Kobe dog at one of the chophouses, and was a bit underwhelmed. The Delux dog is an all natural hotdog, and they hit it with (if you ask for it with the works) sauerkraut, chopped onion, sweet hot beaver mustard, celery salt and sweet relish. Its not natural cased, and I love natural cased dogs; but this one is something special. The menu says it's an all-beef kosher Niman Ranch dog. It comes with fries, and Delux has very good sweet potato fries, and of course the regular old spud fries.
More to discover