Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Angeleans may want to check out the front page of the L.A. Taco site. There's a new burger joint in town called Kalbi Burger. Check out the pic of the burger, and tell me you don't want to try this one.
Check out the Taco section for more mouth watering pics also.
Alright, I've tried two more "joints" in the Phoenix area, and I have some good news. I've got one more that I've been told is good that I have to try, and I expect to hear of more, as I'm an exterminator here in town; and as a foodie, and in need of smalltalk for when I'm servicing customers' homes and I get the glazed over look upon steering the conversation toward audio equipment, I tend to go straight to favorite recipes and/or restaurants. Seeing as the thermometer is going to reach 113 degrees twice this week, I'll be trying like heck to drag said conversations out, to buy a few more minutes in my customers' air conditioned interiors before being banished to the outside to burn my hands on my spray-rig, and bump my head against the Arizona sun. The worst is when I put my hand in a glove and the sweat from the last job scalds me.
But I digress. The name of the burger joint I have to try is Plush Burger; but as I said, I have good news.
I have a new current favorite (in Phoenix).
I tried a place called Five Guys, and it was good. I would eat there again (and again...); but the place that has me oohing and ahhing these days is a joint called Burger Studio on Mountain View and 7th St.
They have a burger (their "Signature" burger) they call "The Caprese Burger". Great patty, great bun; with sliced (not melted) artisan mozzarella and tomatoes, romaine, a fresh (and almost coarse) pesto mixture, onions and finished with a superb balsamic reduction drizzle.
I admire simplicity; and yet am a sucker for an over-the-top creation. This gem has a little bit of both going for it. Their fried stuffs are very good too. Sweet potato fries and of course regular, and really good onion rings. I saw them pour the zucchini out of a bag into the fryer; but they were nevertheless very good also.
I want to try some of their other creations; but am in no hurry.
You've got to try this burger if you get the opportunity.
I finally realized there was a Five Guys Burgers within 10 miles of my house. Hit it last Thursday and have to say they deliver a good burger. Definitely better than In & out - more meat, always a good thing. Of course, a double burger, fries, and drink cost ~$11 at Five Guys and ~$7

I'd take Tommy's over Five guys 7 out of 10 times, but they are different approaches, so the comparison isn't entirely fair.
Azaud, I forgot to answer your Pappasitos Post. My wife and I actually worked at Pappasitos for about 5 yrs each as waiters, bartenders (college and grad school), then floor managers, kitchen managers, and Asst GM's before were were both hired away by other restuarant companies.

I have made thousands of racks of Agujas and they are sublime, but my father in law makes better ribs, he really does. He won the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ Cook Off with them twice in the eighties. That is extremely high praise for anyone.

The quail, simply sublime. Simply marinaded in the fajita marinade then expertly grilled over the charcoal/mesquite grill. Tough to beat. I can tell you that you can eat off of the floor in any Pappas Rest during the busiest times, they are unbelievably well run, and their quality control and cleanliness is the best you can find anywhere.

That said, I would still go to Goode Co Taqueria for my last meal. Now the best Mexican (traditional) meal I have ever had: Hacienda De Los Morales in Ciuadad de Mexico D.F.. Maybe the best meals I have ever had anywhere, better than France, Italy, Spain, NY, San Fran..... Anyone else had the good fortune to check this place out? I used to go to Mexico City for work all of the time, it was the only good thing about the trip.
More to discover