Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Azaud

There are four really good Mexican restaurants in Highland Park. I can highly recommend Antojitos Chilangos, El Huarache, Le Abeja and Metro Balderas.

Here on Orange County, I can recommend Carnitas Los Reyes,, Taco Mesa (calamari!), Tacos Jaliscq, Taqueria El Granjenal, Taqueria Mexico, Taqueria Morelos and Tom's Tacos.
Bongo,

Let's not leave Eva's Jamaican off that Laguna list. Their jerk chicken used to be amazing(haven't been in years). Also, that calaloo soup.

What's your thoughts on Mozambique? I really liked their chicken livers peri-peri. Actually, anything with the peri-peri sauce is good for me. And the curry was nice.
Angeleans may want to check out the front page of the L.A. Taco site. There's a new burger joint in town called Kalbi Burger. Check out the pic of the burger, and tell me you don't want to try this one.
Check out the Taco section for more mouth watering pics also.
Alright, I've tried two more "joints" in the Phoenix area, and I have some good news. I've got one more that I've been told is good that I have to try, and I expect to hear of more, as I'm an exterminator here in town; and as a foodie, and in need of smalltalk for when I'm servicing customers' homes and I get the glazed over look upon steering the conversation toward audio equipment, I tend to go straight to favorite recipes and/or restaurants. Seeing as the thermometer is going to reach 113 degrees twice this week, I'll be trying like heck to drag said conversations out, to buy a few more minutes in my customers' air conditioned interiors before being banished to the outside to burn my hands on my spray-rig, and bump my head against the Arizona sun. The worst is when I put my hand in a glove and the sweat from the last job scalds me.
But I digress. The name of the burger joint I have to try is Plush Burger; but as I said, I have good news.
I have a new current favorite (in Phoenix).
I tried a place called Five Guys, and it was good. I would eat there again (and again...); but the place that has me oohing and ahhing these days is a joint called Burger Studio on Mountain View and 7th St.
They have a burger (their "Signature" burger) they call "The Caprese Burger". Great patty, great bun; with sliced (not melted) artisan mozzarella and tomatoes, romaine, a fresh (and almost coarse) pesto mixture, onions and finished with a superb balsamic reduction drizzle.
I admire simplicity; and yet am a sucker for an over-the-top creation. This gem has a little bit of both going for it. Their fried stuffs are very good too. Sweet potato fries and of course regular, and really good onion rings. I saw them pour the zucchini out of a bag into the fryer; but they were nevertheless very good also.
I want to try some of their other creations; but am in no hurry.
You've got to try this burger if you get the opportunity.
More to discover