Cleaning Amplifier & other gears

Category: Amplifiers

What do you use in cleaning the outside of any equipment safely so it looks pristine and in show-room condition?
dalton
Every time you shower or even boil water you add moisture to your home environment.This helps airborne particles to attach themselves. A slight amount of glass+ with a micro cloth should take care of the finish and the grunge.
I second Avguygeorge in recommending the micro cloth.
I use mine on all my audio gear, including cd's. They are great on all surfaces, and work without cleaning agents or chemicals. Note that there really is a difference between the cheap and costlier ones. The better ones may be bought from some china or jewellery shops.
Is it just called micro cloth or does it have a brand name? Thanks for all your inputs!
Some guys were using swiffer products. You might try a search on that. I have not tried it myself.
I second the recommendation of "Glass Plus" as a great cleaner for components, and anodized faceplates, plexiglass, etc. A small amount on a soft cloth, (don't spray directly on the gear!) and follow with buffing with another soft cloth. (It's not a polish, just a surface cleaner.) It really works to remove fingerprint smears, cigarette smoke residue, accumulated household "dust & dirt" etc. Most importantly, it contains no ammonia, which can cause a permanent discoloration of anodized and other finishes.