Best bourbon?

I noticed there are threads for scotch and vodka so we need one for bourbon too.
What do you think is the best bourbon? I can't pick just one but I think that buffalo trace and Elijah Craig are both very good, especially at ~$30 for a fifth.

Mark
mhedges
+1 for the Van Winkle 20 Yr Old, and the 23 Yr Old is really something very special. My "everyday" is their 12 Yr Old Family Reserve. Unfortunately, none of these are easy to find on a regular basis in the Northeast.

I had the pleasure of meeting Julian and Preston Van Winkle during an event that our two companies did together in Lexington, KY. The following day they gave me a tour of the Buffalo Trace distillery. Part of their arrangement with Buffalo Trace is that Van Winkle gets the first pick of the barrels and they occupy the most desirable locations in the aging warehouse.
The buffalo trace distillery makes some very good stuff.

I think heaven hill also does good work at a lower price point. They make Elijah craig and my favorite budget bourbon, Evan Williams black label.

Funny how little mention has been made of beam products ...

Mark
I don't know that I would say it is a beam product. They both have the same parent company but makers mark was independant for a long time.

Beam does make bookers, knob creek, basil haydens, and Bakers, which are well thought of.

Mark
Just an "Andy Rooney thought...."

Didja ever wonder what's with all the "B" names for brands of bourbon? Blanton's, Booker's, Bulleit, Basil Hayden, Baker's, Black Maple, Beams Choice, Buffalo Trace...

Sorry, couldn't help it.