Cleaning records. How often really?

Suppose, they have just been machine-cleaned and are played maybe two times a month in a regular environment.
Also treated with Last record preservative and kept in sealed outer sleeves.
Once a year or so?
Just don't tell me before each play, yeah, I heard of this insane approach.
inna
Ct0517:
I'd be very interested to hear if All-Spec will confirm that the former Premier record cleaner contains the exact same ingredients as the Electrical Contact Cleaner.
When a record comes into my possession, whether it is new , used and clean in appearance
or used with remnants of mishandling, regardless they get run through the Loricraft I have
used for decades twice then placed in a new inner sleeve. Handled properly and lightly brushed
before play and put back in the sleeve they never see the cleaner again.  
If anyone wants to inquire about the Premier product and if it was different from the (regular) Micro Care contact cleaner, the company to call is Micro Care. They were the ones who (also) supplied Premier (for which Smart Devices used to charge $19.95!) but apparently Premier as a separate product is no longer supplied to the online audiophile outlets. You can contact them here:
http://www.microcareelectronics.com/product-category/contact-cleaners/
gpgr4blu

Ct0517:
I'd be very interested to hear if All-Spec will confirm that the former Premier record cleaner contains the exact same ingredients as the Electrical Contact Cleaner.

Hi Gpgr4blu

Jordan of Micro Care told me (by phone/email) that they are the same product except the new one includes Acetone as well.

Me - Hi Jordan. per our call is this the same product.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/accessories-mico-care-premier-cleaner.shtml

Jordan - That is an older product of ours. The CCC replaced it a few years back. I believe chemically, the main difference is the inclusion of the acetone

Me  - So the older product that says premier is the same as the Micro Care just without the Acetone ?

Jordan - Here is the SDS for the older product. As you can see the main difference is the inclusion of acetone.

Jordan Bartucca

MicroCare Corporation

595 John Downey Drive

New Britain, CT USA

Main: (860) 827-0626

Direct: (860) 515-3010

Fax: (866) 953-0307

E-mail:  [email protected]

He sent me the SDS sheets. If anyone wants them send me an email listed on my virtual system link and I will forward them to you. 

Cheers 

Well ,maybe not 'couple of minutes' but not too long. Depends on how you clean them. In my case, I would skip enzyme solution and just use Archivist solution followed by pure water once or twice. So..I'd say two minutes each side. And I do believe that there is debris. This is needle 'scratching' vinyl not laser moving along.