Your First System

This should be good!!! Most of us have been in this expensive hobby for years now and have worked our way up to components we only dreamed of. I want to know what was your first system of separate components going back as far as you can remember. My first consisted of a Pioneer SX-680 receiver, a Technics SLD-1 turntable (I think that's the right model #), a Sharp tapedeck, and KLH floorstanding speakers. I was 16 at the time and thought I was the biggest badass on the block. Now, 20+ years later I have a ML 334, Meridian 507 CD, CJ PV10A, Canton Ergo 900 speakers, and a Transparent Power Isolator 4. I'm in the process of upgrading to a ML 390. It goes without saying the IC's and speaker cables are top notch as well. I know my system is WAAAYYYYY down the foodchain compared to what I've seen here but It would be interesting to see what everyone started out with.
pcook15
1965. AR-3 speakers; AR turntable; Shure V-15 cartridge; Dynaco PAS-3 preamplifier; Dynaco Stereo 70 amplifier.
JVC R-S77 Receiver
Infinity RS-2000 Speakers
Yamaha PF-30 TT
Nakamichi BX-125 cassette deck
First system was 1968 with a Marantz 8B amp, Dyna PAS 3x preamp, Rek-O-Kut turntable with Empire arm and Altec A7 speakers. I was 15 and my father was a long term audiophile back to 1949. He went through everything from Cook binaural records and tubes to transistor and back to tubes.
My first stereo setup was purchased after a long hot summer of waiting tables at a big local seaside joint.  Where I come from the equipment of the day came in the form of receivers - Pioneer, Marantz, Sansui. 
I saved.  When that glorious day came that I finally had the scratch it went toward a Sansui 9090db receiver, a nice pair of rather large Advent bookshelf speakers, and a Garrard turntable.  Odd that I don't recall how much I spent on it, but it was substantial enough for me at the time.  
While I don't remember what happened to the Sansui,. I still own and at times listen to my Pioneer SX1050 purchased sometime during the same era.  I would many years later purchase a Marantz 2252b on eBay just for the hell of it.  I've spent but a few hundred dollars over the years to keep the Pioneer operable, an investment well worth it simply because it's a great looking piece.  It sounds pretty damn good, too. 
Currently I'm listening to a simple setup;. McIntosh MC275 MkVI amplifier, Audio Research LS3 solid state preamplifier, Marantz TT-15 turntable with a Primare R32 phono stage, and a pair of Thiel CS3.5 loudspeakers.