What components are a good value in used market?

I just got old JBL L-series and I like the sound even compared to expensive modern speakers. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are good sounding units in used market that are quite affordable. What other components are good ones to hunt down (under $1000) ?
gonglee3
To answer Tweak1, I am always looking for good values in hifi - I set up systems for friends who do not want to pay the modern Hifi prices.

I was pleasantly surprised to find products like Old marantz 2270 receiver ($200), McIntosh 2105 amp ($500), parasound amps, and LiteOn Lvd 2002 (as a Cd player).

I agree with the comments by Mt10425. Selection of audio gear is often a matter of personal taste, and preferences may differ. "Value" is an elastic term reflecting condition as well as price, how well a component matches with one's existing equipment and musical tastes, and what price range one considers realistic. For moderate-priced redbook CD players, original Rega Planet, Music Hall MM-25, Arcam 7SE, NAD C521, or Cambridge Audio D500 might be considered good value. For integrated amps, NAD C340 or C350, Creek 4330 or Audio Refinement Complete might be considered good value. Good luck finding what you want.
Yamaha from late 70's and very early 80's. Especially receivers, amps, pre amps, tuners. No snob appeal now so they are especially a steal today. Internal components and engineering were world class.