Cable Cooking/Burnin

I read this on KLE Innovations, http://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/essence-gzero-ic/, and wondered what your thoughts on Cable Cooking/Burnin might be ...

Burnin/Cooking Time

We believe that the Burnin/Cooking process can be thought of as an extension/finishing of the Annealing process.

This is a practice that can dramatically/drastically improve performance and has been gaining acceptance from HiFi enthusiasts :) Usually, any listener will be able to identify a marked change/improvement in audio component performance within the first 100 or more hours of use, whether it be a cable, connector, component or loudspeaker.

Burnin/Cooking time is the process whereby electrical signal/charge gradually settles/corrects/aligns dielectric, electromagnetic, and material (metal and non-metal) issues that occur/result during the construction process. These aspects are often and usually found in Cables/Connectors and usually results in a brittle, bright, muddy, non-cohesive sound that lacks the Detail, Resolution, Timbre, PRaT, Harmonic Texture, Organicness, Naturalness, and Staging which is desired for music reproduction. Burnin/Cooking Time improves the way that signal passes through the conductors and dielectrics and it is the resulting changes in signal transmission that refines and defines the performance of the audio cables.

While it is most important to implement Burnin/Cooking Time, upon purchase, routine maintenance is always important, also. Cables/Connectors that have not been played, or left unused, for long/prolonged periods of time, may become stagnant and again require Burnin/Cooking Time.
yping
... heat tempering to the metal conductor manufacturing process in addition to cold tempering (cryo)
Geoffkait, would you call cold tempering (cryo) an annealing process? If yes, then I guess Cooking/Burnin could be called an electrical annealing process or simply, an extension/continuance of the annealing process :)
I would not call cryo an annealing process. I would probably call it a mechanical stress relief process, among other things.
Perhaps the annealing process could be called a mechanical stress relief process, also, just a different way from Cryo and Cooking/Burnin. There are probably other ways, also :)
Annealing and Thermodynamics (wiki page)

Annealing occurs by the diffusion of atoms within a solid material, so that the material progresses towards its equilibrium state. Heat increases the rate of diffusion by providing the energy needed to break bonds. The movement of atoms has the effect of redistributing and eradicating the dislocations in metals and (to a lesser extent) in ceramics. This alteration to existing dislocations allows a metal object to deform more easily, increasing its ductility.[citation needed]

The amount of process-initiating Gibbs free energy in a deformed metal is also reduced by the annealing process. In practice and industry, this reduction of Gibbs free energy is termed stress relief.[citation needed]

The relief of internal stresses is a thermodynamically spontaneous process; however, at room temperatures, it is a very slow process. The high temperatures at which annealing occurs serve to accelerate this process.[citation needed]

The reaction that facilitates returning the cold-worked metal to its stress-free state has many reaction pathways, mostly involving the elimination of lattice vacancy gradients within the body of the metal. The creation of lattice vacancies is governed by the Arrhenius equation, and the migration/diffusion of lattice vacancies are governed by Fick’s laws of diffusion.[2]
Cryo treatment is permanent unless the material is brought to or near its annealing temperature as told to me by Dr. Randall F. Barron of Louisiana Tech University. A thousand years ago or so I emailed the Dr. about the benefits of cryo treatment because of all the nay sayers on Audiogon. Less are saying nay today.

http://engineringcorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/cryogenic-heat-treatment.html

For me the sonic benefits of cryo treatment are added upon with several or many additional treatments though the first makes for the greatest level of improvement. The directional alignment of the the material can be seen in the photo. My senses tell me that even further material alignment benefits direction and focus of energy. Material modulation is also enhanced with a much more uniform and reactive response. Tom